Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stars Steps

Options
  • 12-11-2009 3:59am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

A little bit confused as im new to using the steps method. Im on step 4 atm but im contemplating starting at step 1 again, until i have 2 step 4 tickets, one of which i may use for the warm-up. Can you have as many tickets as you want at any particular level?. Also if you make step 5, can you use the $700 for other tournament vouchers or cash out? or do you have to continue until you actually win a ticket for one of the live events?. I couldnt find any info on stars for this, answers much appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

you can use any step 4 (215) for any 215 game on stars eg. the sunday million, warm up etc.

you can not cash out the other steps or use them as tokens. so if you win a step 5 then you have to keep going until you win, bust or go back to step 4.

You can have as many steps as you want at any level. in fact Ive often thought about a step bankroll. this would be where you dont move onto step 2 until you have accumulated 40 tickets and so on so forth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

Ill try get a few step 4 tickets before going to 5 then. Building up a nice number of tickets for level 4+ should give you a great chance of a live ticket. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

also step 4 has alot of options, like a step 4 18 seater for the sunday 500 and im sure theres a super tuesday step 4 aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

You can have as many steps as you want at any level. in fact Ive often thought about a step bankroll. this would be where you dont move onto step 2 until you have accumulated 40 tickets and so on so forth.

If you're going to try and get something out of the Steps then I reckon that's the best approach all right. I was considering doing this last year for the WSOP qualifiers.
    Bankroll $1000.
    Step1: 133 games. Once complete, you move on and play only Step2s... and so on.

This has the important benifet of keeping you in the same frame of mind for all the STTs. You get used to the style and play of one level. When you're jumping up and down you need to constantly adjust, this prevents that for the most part.

I never actually did it, so not sure if it is the best method or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭suilen

The step 6's dont run too often either, I was waiting about 3 evenings to use a step 6 ticket for the Galway UKIPT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

yeah there rare enough but seem to be picking up there was one tuesday and one tonight

Advertisement