Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CUP ROUND 5

Options
  • 12-11-2009 5:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

So.... I finally got drawn against a better team.
    They're been in division three for at least the last three seasons. Not really confident. Depending on the league and my player's health I may roll over.

How'd everyone else get on? Seems like a load of boards players still involved (I was keeping my fingers crossed I wouldn't meet most of ye!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Got drawn against a recently registered team so its looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

Got drawn with a 1 click team :D

Juicy draw: Bogwarriors v Scorched Earth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Blendage wrote: »
    Got drawn with a 1 click team :D

Excellent, excellent draw. Was worried I'd get someone good. WNWIM with my second string it is. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Yeah I should be alright in the next round.

Got a Div IV team that has chalked up a lot of wins but checked his squad and most of them range from Dead to Weary. I think he is all out of LTNT.

I've also drawn a Div. 2 team. Will LTNT and give it a crack, but its going to be difficult - my squad is knackered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

got a bad draw. div 2 team that look much better. debating whether to have a crack at them or save LTNT for important league that wkend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Blendage wrote: »
    I'm not so sure. Orizio has well rested players and a much less intimidating league fixture list. Going for it really wouldn't be prudent...
    Orizio wrote: »
    Excellent, excellent draw. Was worried I'd get someone good. WNWIM with my second string it is. ;)
    On the other hand...

Edit: just noticed - you are ONE place ahead of me in the world rankings. There really is no choice left to me but go to war.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

I drew a Div II team but they are totally outclassed in that division. Our teams match up pretty well but I give him the slight edge. I will be LTNT with fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I'm drawn against a team that are in my league! I lost to them by a point on saturday so I have to TNT:D

Bogwarriors are on the left Scorched Earth on the right
    67564965.jpg

The plan is to kick for touch a lot, and contest the lineouts big time.
    Should be good!

• Advertisement

Bogwarriors are on the left Scorched Earth on the right
    67564965.jpg

The plan is to kick for touch a lot, and contest the lineouts big time.
    Should be good!

Looks like your plans working Dave, I've only managed to steal two of your lineouts so far... :D

Unlucky Dave. ;)

One team through, one team out, as I expected. How about everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

lost 72-0. im happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I'm in the hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Beat a superior team 33 - 5 !
    This is getting my confidence up for the league, especially since I was missing two of my top players due to injury. I wonder did the guy assume he had me and went on normal difficulty or something? Anyhows, surprise victory and I'm delighted!

Orizio wrote: »
    Unlucky Dave. ;)

One team through, one team out, as I expected. How about everyone else?
    It's gone wrong :eek:. Bloody hell Orizio, 11 of your players played above potential. Did you give em the 'fear of god' or what?

It's gone wrong :eek:. Bloody hell Orizio, 11 of your players played above potential. Did you give em the 'fear of god' or what?

Well we both kicked a lot, and my lineout, for once, dominated. Hence my victory. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Lost 40-19 to a Div II team, so it was expected.

Advertisement