Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premium to Elite

• 12-11-2009 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi,

I am planning on upgrading my 20Gb Premium to the Elite 120Gb - I reckon I should get 80 euro for the xbox premium plus I have several games to trade in as well

Do GameStop transfer your gaming data from the old HD to the new HD or do they give you a means to do this ?

Any help appreciated plus any advice on a a good Elite bundle

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

no they don't transfer the data for you!

I recently done this, and i lost all my old save games...bit of a bummer, but i didn't have that many, so i didn't mind! pitty anyone that has loads of game saves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Best bet would be to buy the Elite and keep the Pro, ring MS support ask them for the data transfare cable, they will ask for the serial numbers of both consoles and send you one for free, takes about 7-10 working days. And then trade in the Pro later for a load of games or something.

Either that or buy aload of 512mb memory cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I've heard of shops doing it before. Maybe ring around, if they want your business they will do it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I ended up having to copy stuff from a 20gb drive to a 60gb drive using a 512mb card. There were a couple of items that wouldn't copy across, and anything big I just re-downloaded again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

robinph wrote: »
    I ended up having to copy stuff from a 20gb drive to a 60gb drive using a 512mb card. There were a couple of items that wouldn't copy across, and anything big I just re-downloaded again.

Me too.

Managed to transfer everything in a couple of minutes.

Just had to keep running up and down the stairs thought coz I kept the old Xbox and there wasn't enough room on the card to transfer everything together.

Now I keep my profile on the card so I can move back and forward between the 2 xboxes.

Not bragging or anything y'understand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Took a little longer for me to transfer my stuff between the two drives, but I only had the one box at the time as the other was with MS for "repairs" so I had to keep swapping the drives around. Was still quicker than waiting a couple of weeks for a cable though, and apparently the cable only works for the 20-120 transfer and not to any other sized drives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 newcar

Cheers folks - dont have too much saved game data so not too much of a problem I guess

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

when I swapped in my premium for an elite they had no problem transferring the data for me. Been into the store a few times since and have seen them doing the same for others. Best to ring your local store and ask them if they do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

aye, gamestop transferred the data for me when i upgraded.

let us know what deal you get, my bro is thinking of upgrading

Sorry Corpo, which gamestop was that ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭marky boii

ELITE is a great console get it NOW. if u want to:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

is there any difference besides hd size i wouldnt have to buy a whole new console if i wanted an elite would i i could just buy 120 hd ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    is there any difference besides hd size i wouldnt have to buy a whole new console if i wanted an elite would i i could just buy 120 hd ya?

Yep, pretty much. That's what I've done (just upgraded the HDD).

Advertisement