Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRAPPER JOHN TULSK, CO.ROSCOMMON ?

Options
  • 12-11-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I was told that trapper John in Tulsk co. roscommon has a good selection of rifles ect.
    Whats he like to deal with ect, his he good?

Thanks.
    Post edited by Cass on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭thedragon

I dont know much about the man but he has given it his all in terms of trying to supply the best range possible. I heard he built a new bigger shop adjacent to his old one so he's making a good effort in the gun trade and probably worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I havn't bought anything from him but he does have a good selection of rifles, new and secondhand and you can see them all as the whole shop is a strong room.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fallow

Thanks for that.
    Anyone else that has dealt with him a good bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Keelan on here used to go to him a fair bit I think, haven't seen him posting here in a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Fallow wrote: »
    I was told that trapper John in Tulsk co. roscommon has a good selection of rifles ect.
    Whats he like to deal with ect, his he good?

Thanks.

I bought a shotgun of him last year. He is very straight talking man (he didn't talk ****e) he was sound to deal with and was good on the price for my gun anyway. i dont know what he has in rifles. You have to pay something like half the price of the gun as a deposit and the remainder must be paid within 60 or 90 days regardless of whether you have obtained the licence or not within that time. If you are refused the licence he will refund you your money. I would definitely deal with him again. It took me 4 months to get my licence so i paid up and when i eventually got my licence there was no problem getting my gun of him. The gun was on the rack waiting for me and had been oiled( he did not know i was coming to collect it) and was in the same condition as when i had viewed it the first time.

I have no affiliation to Trapper John and only dealt with him once but in my opinion he's a honest skin.

• Advertisement

These are the kind of dealers that deserve support.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fallow

Good stuff, i will give him a buzz about a rifle, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭badshot

bought a couple of rifles from him in the past.
    dead sound to deal with very straight talking no bs
    bought some bullets & gear from him last saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 daveydave25

bought a remington 700 .223 off him, sound man to deal with great selection no ****e and will give you sound advice. bought shotgun off him as well. biuy all my stuff off him actually.

Its not very often you see a dealer getting a good review like this, hats off to Trapper, hopefully the rest might learn a bit from you. Doubt it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 daveydave25

like i said before i cant rate trapper john enough. sound guy and gave me great assistance when i was getting hassle from my local F.O whos anti gun and was objecting to me getting a .223 saying it was a military rifle etc. he rang them up and said hed report it to the department if they didnt "cop" on. had my license a week later.....sound man.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

like i said before i cant rate trapper john enough. sound guy and gave me great assistance when i was getting hassle from my local F.O whos anti gun and was objecting to me getting a .223 saying it was a military rifle etc. he rang them up and said hed report it to the department if they didnt "cop" on. had my license a week later.....sound man.

Absalutely spot on mate.
    He did the very same thing with me, when at the time i was applying for my .223, could not be more helpfull, not many, if any, like him around..:)
    Id recomend him to anyone that is thinking of dealing with him, his selection of rifles on display, behind the counter, is second to none, top bloke. ;)

Keelan.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭yessam

Trapper john is very easy and good to deal with. He keeps good stock and a good shop. I bought 2 shotguns and lots of catridges and I am happy enough with him. he is not very good at remembering names, but dont worry about that - he will still look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Bit of a drive but tempted to give him a visit, thanks lads that means I'll spend more money:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭mayoireland

there is another man not far from crossmolina called tommy kelly you should give him a buzz 09651978 i know he has customers around ireland and very reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thomasthefox

has this shop closed down have rang it for the last 2 weeks no answer , and rang after 6 just in case he had a day job .

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

no shop open all the time by appointment he has a moblie that he uses all the time.im only in the door from him in now:)

have rang him loads off times 071 9639181 do you have his moblie number

you need a bank loan if your going to tommy kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

0872730339 toms moblie he was sick for awhile and has just finished his treatment maybe thats why you couldnt get him.tom is very reasonable and if you a regular he will give you good deals like i get.hope that helps.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement