Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Mobile Broadband

• 12-11-2009 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all,

I know there has been various posts to this topic in the forum. But I wanted to know if I can use mobile broadband for XBox Live. To be specific I have the E270 Modem. So I was wondering if I could plug the modem directly into the XBox and start gaming. If I can, how do I go about this? Do I need to change network settings etc??

Thanks,

Andy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

I'm pretty sure it can't be done, because any of the 3G dongles require software on the PC they are plugged into to control them, and the xbox simply can't run that software, thus it won't work directly. Never mind that the xbox is very unlikely to recognise the dongle, as PCs often need drivers for them - the xbox doesn't exactly facilitate drivers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 34 M468

Hmm that's a pity. I might have to consider getting fixed line broadband and be tied into an annual contract.........

• Registered Users Posts: 34 M468

Or could I connect to Live via my laptop, is this a possibilty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You could connect to Live via your laptop, yes, but as for gaming online through it, there's not a hope. You could download stuff - slowly - through it, but the latency is just too high for online gaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Here is the guide http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211456

Stickie at top of main page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

You could connect to Live via your laptop, yes, but as for gaming online through it, there's not a hope. You could download stuff - slowly - through it, but the latency is just too high for online gaming.

i have the o2 bband its works great it all depends on your coverage that your geting post your download speed.go to myspeedtest.net i think it is tofnd out

Advertisement