Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1,000 tickets for Ireland v France on sale at midday

• 12-11-2009 11:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭

On Ticketmaster according to RTÉ radio. France didn't even come close to selling out their allocation, which is pretty shameful within itself.

Comments

On Ticketmaster according to RTÉ radio. France didn't even come close to selling out their allocation, which is pretty shameful within itself.

susssshhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Couldnt get a ticket for Croke Park so decided to chance Paris....got the tickets for Paris and now this! Damn.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

5 to 12 ill be on. Wish me luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

good luck with it, shouldnt be too hard to grab a pair.. il be watchin from the comfort of my living room and then its pacman v cotto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

rarnes1 wrote: »
    susssshhhhhhhhhh

+1

I don't want everyone to know! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

good one mate, tell the world.

if i was the OP i would have started this post after i had a ticket myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

These will all be gone by 12.01Id say. Ive mine already anyway :D

If you are not registered on ticketmaster, do it now, rather than in 20 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Is it just me or has the page crashed?

I am in there hoping to buy for my buddy and its not crashed. Doesn't seem they are on sale yet though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Doesn't look like its happening, says none available for me!

• Advertisement

All gone already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Coming up as none available for me when I enter anything. even any price and best available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

No luck here either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

None available, this is annoying.

Anyone get any?

I was refreshing from 11.57, when they became "available" I clicked 2 at best price, and nada. Tried one and nada. Just got a text froma buddy who succeeded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Did anyone get one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

got two

Dinneen stand
    HILA3U row 38

109quid for two tickets

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No joy here..i was in fast too

FutureGuy wrote: »
    No joy here..i was in fast too

Ditto. Congrats to those who did though.

Guess it's beer and Dunphy for me on Sat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

I got two. Hogan Lower, in the corner but happy:) couldn't get two together but was able to get two seperately!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I got 2 in the Hill.

The lads in the office were at it at the same time as me and got nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got two for my brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Like said above. 12 on the dot. None available. As said b4 watch it on house on HD then paquaio fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

What a farce!

Have been trying since 11.58 and have tried to buy 1,2 and 3 tickets and none available in any section at any price. If its sold out then shut the f**king sale option down.

I've given up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

glanman wrote: »
    I got two. Hogan Lower, in the corner but happy:) couldn't get two together but was able to get two seperately!

Considering the luck most people had, getting 2 different ticksts is some feat!

I'm consolidating myself with the fact that I will have about 500 in my pocket Monday morning lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I tried to get tickets to this and no luck....

Hmm, any chance the French would allocate more tickets tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

There will be some on sale outside the ground no doubt for scandalous prices. While on the subject earlier about the suits and their going to the big games only debate well schoolboy tickets should be done away with as the majority of them are little scumbags who just go to the games with the sole intention of causing hassle. I know from experience as I use to get schoolboy tickets myself back in the day. That should free up a 1,000 or so more tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I was on the ticketmaster website from 11.50 onwards and had no luck.
    Some of the price's people are looking for these tickets are outragoeus!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

redout wrote: »
    While on the subject earlier about the suits and their going to the big games only debate well schoolboy tickets should be done away with as the majority of them are little scumbags who just go to the games with the sole intention of causing hassle..

What and discourage kids from going to the matches? That's a terrible idea. When I got schoolboy tickets when I actually cared about Ireland I wanted to go watch the match. Don't tar everyone with the same brush.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    What and discourage kids from going to the matches? That's a terrible idea. When I got schoolboy tickets when I actually cared about Ireland I wanted to go watch the match. Don't tar everyone with the same brush.

First of all I said majority not all. Secondly I said I use to get them myself so dont try and tell me that the majority of them arent scum who act the bollox. The amount of fights, drinking and smoking joints going on in Lansdowne was ridiculous and when they were doing none of the above then it would be just throwing insults or bottles/cans etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

There will be some on sale outside the ground no doubt for scandalous prices. While on the subject earlier about the suits and their going to the big games only debate well schoolboy tickets should be done away with as the majority of them are little scumbags who just go to the games with the sole intention of causing hassle. I know from experience as I use to get schoolboy tickets myself back in the day. That should free up a 1,000 or so more tickets.

Majority of schoolboy ticket holders are scumbags ? Are you for real ?
    First of all I said majority not all. Secondly I said I use to get them myself so dont try and tell me that the majority of them arent scum who act the bollox. The amount of fights, drinking and smoking joints going on in Lansdowne was ridiculous and when they were doing none of the above then it would be just throwing insults or bottles/cans etc.

Ah yeah i remember the crowd control incidents almost led to us having games behind closed doors. And still do seeing as there is still schoolboy tickets.Maybe i should tell my daughter she should get the €12 she paid for her ticket back so ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Waiting on a call tomorrow to see if weve got tickets...

Cant wait either way but will be some nerve wrecking game.

d22ontour wrote: »

Ah yeah i remember the crowd control incidents almost led to us having games behind closed doors. And still do seeing as there is still schoolboy tickets.Maybe i should tell my daughter she should get the €12 she paid for her ticket back so ...

Christ if it was my daughter then I certainly would be telling her. The schoolboy stand in Lansdowne was not a place I would ever have sent a daughter of mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Christ if it was my daughter then I certainly would be telling her. The schoolboy stand in Lansdowne was not a place I would ever have sent a daughter of mine.

And the schoolboy section is not a place he will ever send his daughter (They knocked it down)

Got two tickets yesterday for the wife and my son ( I have a photo pass) it is his first Ireland game ever altough he has been to Croker many times never for soccer and never under lights, he is oon cloud 9!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Considering the luck most people had, getting 2 different ticksts is some feat!

I'm consolidating myself with the fact that I will have about 500 in my pocket Monday morning lol.

Ya I know. I tried for two, no luck, chanced one and got it. It was about 5 past when I tried for 1 more and got that too. I'd say what happened was people went on, got the ticket held and then ran out of time/decided not to get one. That would be why they didnt shut it down straight away, not all tickets were confirmed as bought.

And the schoolboy section is not a place he will ever send his daughter (They knocked it down)

Do you understand the past tense of the English language ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Any truth in the rumour that the FAI will be selling an extra 1200 tickets at croker tomorrow from 12am? Caught something about it on the radio this morning not sure if it was an FAI spokesman or some ordinary Joe ringing in the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Well the times I went (About 5/6) I never noticed it, maybe I am blind to it or was actually watching the match but I never seen it.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Well the times I went (About 5/6) I never noticed it, maybe I am blind to it or was actually watching the match but I never seen it.

Thats fair enough. Some obviously got to concentrate on the game whilst others couldnt because of crap happening especially in front of them. I was at about 20 games in the schoolboy stand in lansdowne and witnessed a lot. A few games went by no hassle but my experience most didnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

kearnsr wrote: »
    I got 2 in the Hill.

The lads in the office were at it at the same time as me and got nothing

Same here. I got 2 for the Hill and one of my friends sitting at the computer beside me in college got nothing.

Advertisement