Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Cabbage

• 12-11-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭

I've heard that there is a texting program to use you free texts for the iPhone (similar to Cabbage)

Is there one available for Android?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Not sure specifically but there's a web based one (very basic) on www.cabbagetexter.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I dont think theres a native one yet for Android(not for Ireland anyway). If you have a Hero though, I think theres a Java VM app so you can run regular java apps and you might be able to run Cabbage through this.(lots of maybes but worth a shot)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,520 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm running Cabbage on my Hero (through Java). No problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm running Cabbage on my Hero (through Java). No problems.
    I was right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭-maccer-

Hi,

I downloaded cabbage to my hero and "Netmite JM2E" java program. When I open cabbage it launches netmite and tries to open cabbage but fails to do so.

Mr E are you running a different Java client or am I missing something obvious? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,520 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The latest Hero firmware has an offical Java client, so I'm using that.
    I could never get it working on Netmite when I originally tried it.

Thanks for your response, I just had assumed there was no java support! I am running firmware version 1.5 with build number 2.73.405.5. It is the official rom. Is this not the latest??

When I download cabbage and try to run it says "No application can be found to open this file"

Do I need to enable the java client in some way or are you running a custom rom which has java support? Thanks

Was just reading an article from slashgear.com (http://www.slashgear.com/htc-hero-new-rom-gets-video-demo-1952904/) about the new rom and this says that "you now get java on the hero" and the java icon can be seen in the first screenshot on the page.

I do not have this icon on my phone. Do I need to reinstall the latest build version 2.73.405.5. Was the java app removed from my phone before I received it by the mobile operator??

Advertisement