Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuna Steaks - what to do

Options
  • 12-11-2009 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

I recently bought frozen tuna steaks from Aldi - they come individually wrapped with some kind of marinade - can't quite remember what it is. :confused:

But I've never cooked tuna before - they'll be defrosted by the time I go to cook them btw! Just wondering does anyone have any good ideas as i) how to cook them, and ii) any recipes/ideas of what to cook with them?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CleverGirl

Hi,
    Tuna steak is my favourite!! It is usually served rare in a resturant so when I cook it I get the pan really hot use olive oil, then I squeeze some lemon on the steak and add sesame seeds to it. Then literally 20seconds each side and its done-at first I was a chicken about this cause you know how us Irish love to crimate but that is all it needs. Noramlly I have it with salad and maybe some new potatoes yum yum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Sitric

It's looks and tastes fantastic if you cook it on a very hot grill pan

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I just George Foreman it, the are savage and quite cheap too!!!:D:D

Also they are lovely chopped into pasta with scala cheesy pasta sauce :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭niall_belfast

Like the others have said, a pan (but a griddle pan, even better) rubbed with olive oil and put on a high heat - when the pan is hot, place the tuna steaks on and sear them on either side - don't let the steaks cook too long - they should be seared on the outside, and pink in the middle - a rocket salad and a good squeeze of fresh lime or dark soy sauce and you're all set.. delish!

Advertisement