Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

excell question

• 12-11-2009 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

when i am working in excel

if i enter the date as 2 excel changes it to 02/01/00

i want it to change it to 02/11/09 instead

this will save a lot of time, but is hard to google, so anyone know if its possibal

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

What version (year) of Excel are you using?
    (Helpful when giving directions to find items/functions)

I presume you have played around with the Format function and had no joy?
    I'm guessing you have played around like the following link example:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

Assuming the field is already formatted as a date, type in: 2/11/09

Ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

thanks for replying guys

yeah i had done that, i am trying to make things even easier for myself

i am using office 2003

what i am doing is.... for this month i have to type in between 3-5 entries from every day of the week so

i type in the date line 05/11/09 then description and cost, i do this 3 times, then 06/11/09 5 times etc

if i just type in 5 excel changes it to 05/01/00

i would love if excel could be set to change 5 to 05/11/09 and 6 to 06/11/09

even if only until i exit excel it would save me a lot of typing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

type the date before the first day of the month into a cell

example for noverber type in 31/10/2009

noe format the cell as a number and you will get excel's value for that date

example 40117

now leave a colum for you to enter the date without the month or year, and set the colour to white so you can't see the contents of the cell

example in cell E6 just enter 23

in the date colum cell enter the number plus the cell

example in cell F6 enter =40117+E6

copy the contents of F6 into ever cell in the date colum and format the cells to show the date instead of the number

Advertisement