Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The eaten mouse.

Options
  • 12-11-2009 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Dunno where to post this really its a bit freaky. Basically, new house 3-4 yrs. every winter we have mice. Closed off all the little holes I could find but they still manage to get in somewhere. Underfloor heating very attractive for them, also messy teenagers leaving choice food everywhere for them. Anyway last night my wife spotted one caught in a trap under the kitchen sink, I meant to throw it out but forgot before going to bed. 5.30am got up for a drink of water and heard rattle under sink but left it till this morning. The trap, one of these new plastic ones, had fallen in behind so I had to pull out the skirting to get at it. No sign of the mouse !! then I opened the trap and found its head still in there. there was blood around the jaws of the trap. My question, what on eaarth could have eaten the mouse ?????This is not a joke folks and I can tell you it has me freaked!!! would a rat do this???:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If there is mice then it is unlikely you have rats, rats will make mice disappear pretty rapidly.
    Mice can be cannibalistic and that is probably what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Get a cat....we never have mice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Foleyart

Get a cat....we never have mice :)

One of my boys has asthma!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Foleyart wrote: »
    One of my boys has asthma!!
    No excuse ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sphynx_%28cat%29

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Alun wrote: »

Jebus, I would rather mice than anything that ugly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

and the fact that they arent really great , not good if allergic
    Although Sphynx cats are sometimes thought to be hypoallergenic due to their lack of coat, this is not always the case. Allergies to cats are triggered by a protein called Fel d1, not cat hair itself. Fel d1 is a tiny and sticky protein primarily found in cat saliva and sebaceous glands. Those with cat allergies may react worse to direct contact with Sphynx cats than other breeds

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

and the fact that they arent really great , not good if allergic
    Although Sphynx cats are sometimes thought to be hypoallergenic due to their lack of coat, this is not always the case. Allergies to cats are triggered by a protein called Fel d1, not cat hair itself. Fel d1 is a tiny and sticky protein primarily found in cat saliva and sebaceous glands. Those with cat allergies may react worse to direct contact with Sphynx cats than other breeds

... there's always one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

bauderline wrote: »
    ... there's always one.
    well better than someone going off and getting one due to inaccurate information , and i doubt it would be easy to rehome the ugly yokes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

ha ha i love this place!!!!

just as well i read this about giving out misinformation as i was going to tell someone that a room of theirs was probably cold because a ghost lived in it

Advertisement