Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swan C&C largish images

• 12-11-2009 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

BW_by_superflyninja.jpg

Symmetrical_Swan_by_superflyninja.jpg

Swan_by_superflyninja.jpg

cheers lads!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

#1 - Stunning. Love how you captured the water beads on the swans head. Nice B&W conversion too.
    #2 - Not bad. Water lacks a reflection or detail or something.
    #3 - Not bad. Reflections are very good, but lost some swan detail because of a little overexposure.

#1 is leagues ahead of the second 2 images. Excellent photo. And overall not a bad set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

#1 The best for me too.
    #2 is unusual but as Karma said the water seems odd?
    #3 Not mad on this, the water, Swan seems soft/blown/over PP'd

I never tire looking at Swan pictures though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

thanks for the comments..yeah o number too i wanted to put all the focus entirely on the swan and have the blackness of the water contrast to the white of the swan..the dark water is mostly down to PP and for number three the swan was a little overblown so I wanted to get a different very saturated feel....something i dont like about the composition though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭The Davestator

As a photography fan (and not a photographer) I love the second one. Very striking - i'd put it up in my house so well done!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,302 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the tones in the first are good, but there are no tones in the second - it's far too contrasty for my tastes. the third is just a bit too ordinary looking.

i'd go for a tighter crop on the first. maybe convert it to portrait format?

• Advertisement

As a photography fan (and not a photographer) I love the second one. Very striking - i'd put it up in my house so well done!

:d cheers :D

the tones in the first are good, but there are no tones in the second - it's far too contrasty for my tastes. the third is just a bit too ordinary looking.

i'd go for a tighter crop on the first. maybe convert it to portrait format?

cheers for the feedback. for the first i was liking the diagonal white on the left and black on the right. would the right crop be to knock off some of the right hand side of the frame?

and about the second and the tones. do you mean on the body of the swan its too white?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

thanks for the comments..yeah o number too i wanted to put all the focus entirely on the swan and have the blackness of the water contrast to the white of the swan..the dark water is mostly down to PP and for number three the swan was a little overblown so I wanted to get a different very saturated feel....something i dont like about the composition though. :(

Can you share what you did for the PP on the second please, how did you get the water so black? I really like it!

Can you share what you did for the PP on the second please, how did you get the water so black? I really like it!

apologies i dont remember exactly but roughly what i did was create a new layer and drop the curve significantly,masking out the swan and setting the blend mode to grain merge or soft light...sorry i just play with the blending of layers an awful lot and just stick at what looks best on the image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

First and second shots are excellent, I really like the second one though, just fits together really well.

• Advertisement

Borderfox wrote: »
    First and second shots are excellent, I really like the second one though, just fits together really well.

;p :D

Advertisement