Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pub for the Ireland game on Saturday?

Options
  • 12-11-2009 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

Me and a group of mates are heading out for the Ireland game on Saturday night... We are torn between the Woolshed on Parnell Street and Sinnotts at the top of Grafton Street.

Does anyone have any other recommendations on a good pub to go for it. One with a big TV and will have a good crowd.

Thanks for any suggestions.

LR.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Hate to say it but Legends on Dame St is good for matches.
    Its a total tourist trap but they have a huge screen and those pull your own pint things!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Sinnotts in definitely a good call but...

Carrying on the theme of tourist traps (but good for footie) - The Quays Bar in Temple bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

Cheers lads,

What time would you have to be in there at to get a good seat / standing position? As they are Temple Bar I'm sure that they would be fairly full from early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Nedermeyer

Bernard Shaw ftw.

Projector in the smoking area, re-live all your italia '90 fantasies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Cheers lads,

What time would you have to be in there at to get a good seat / standing position? As they are Temple Bar I'm sure that they would be fairly full from early on.

Make a day of it!

Seriously though, 2 hours before and get a comfortable position.

• Advertisement
Advertisement