Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer Credit Act 1995

Options
  • 12-11-2009 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hi guys can anyone give me an example on how the above statute helps the consumer? I need to brealk it down into simple english for my son and im drawing a blank as to how to it? He's 15 and learning it in Business, thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

As far as I'm aware, it makes it incumbent on the provider of the credit to outline exactly what it is you are signing up for.
    We keep getting letters from Oxendales about this and what they sent us is a document which specifically outlines exactly what our credit terms are and how we are expected to pay them, with all extra charges outlined in seperate sections.

It also has a big 'THIS IS A HIGH COST LOAN' box so that you know you're selling your soul.

I think thats about all it does for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PacManFan

Does this help?

Citizen Information

Advertisement