Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accessing ESB Meter Number

• 12-11-2009 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am trying to switch from ESB to Airtricity but can't get into the panel to get my meter number that I need. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

All the details you need are on your bill. You probably just need the MPRN. It's near the top-right corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

Tx Boilermaker. I have the MPRN but the Airtricity website is also looking for the meter number & reading. I think I can do it without them but it is faster if I have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Why cant you get to/into the panel? Is the room locked or is just a case of the panel as a strange key to open it? Have you asked landlord/ management company etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

Its the strange key problem. No management company to deal with, can't get hold of the landlord

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Speedy44 wrote: »
    Its the strange key problem. No management company to deal with, can't get hold of the landlord

Can you get a pic of the panel? Some have a triangle, or some have a tube with 2 little bars on the side. Often a longnose pilers can suffice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

Decent hardware shops will have the little triple keys you need (triangle, circular with flange, and some other one I can't recall-one will fit). I assume that's what you mean and not a communal meter room key (see your management co., although my experience with most of these ranges from positive to couldn't find their arses with two hands and a map negative).

Advertisement