Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Code calculator with 3 network?

• 12-11-2009 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

I have read the faqs here and the search and havnt seen an answer to what i need so here goes.I have a Nokia e65 that is network locked to the 3 network and i would like to unlock it.I have tried a load of code calculators but the only options for irish networks are eircell,meteor and o2.Can someone point me in the direction of a calculator with the 3 network?This is my last shot otherwise i will buy a turbosim? for the phone but not too sure how good they really are.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Youd have to go to 3 to get it unlocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭BlueMonke

Youd have to go to 3 to get it unlocked

Could you not have said something abit more usefull or you just trying to get your post count up. No wonder youve over 4000!! hope there more helpfull than that!

3 charge 25 fo the unlocking code and youll be on the phone for about 15mins trying to get it plus will void the warranty on th phone after.

Mr.S wrote: »
    No it won't.

Code calculators do not work for new phones, they only work with old type phones.

Either do it through Three, or through someone with an unlocking "box", usually about 10-20euro, depends on the person. Walk around town and just pop into any of the shops that say they unlock phones.

Unless you have the technology yourself, you can't unlock it for free. I'm not sure what 3's policy is about unlocking phones, but with other providers you just have to have spent a certain amount with them, and they give you the unlock code for free.

Yes it will void the warranty. They told me this on the phone yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

BlueMonke wrote: »
    Yes it will void the warranty. They told me this on the phone yesterday.
    It doesnt void the phones warranty but they wont support the phone anymore. You just have to go to the manufacturer instead of 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

It doesnt void the phones warranty but they wont support the phone anymore. You just have to go to the manufacturer instead of 3.

Well thats what they probrably meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

I rang 3 yesterday and they said it would be €120 to unlock it,not sure was that €120 upfront or spend €120 on phone credit and then they will give me the code,regardless i wont be doing either of them.Ill probably just get a turbotingy or see if i can find a place in Cork city that unlocks

Thanks for the answers

Advertisement