Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Durrr V Isildur1...whats the damage so far?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

So whats the story now, is the dust starting to finally settle on these blood bath matches and is Isildur bust for the nose bleeds. It would appear that Tom still has a few million left but has lost more than half of what he had over the past month. Guy will be fine though if he can control himself better next time something like this happens at the high stakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

highstakesdb has him 'making some kind of history' by losing 5.3 million in one day.

5.3 million.

jebus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

a147pro wrote: »
    highstakesdb has him 'making some kind of history' by losing 5.3 million in one day.

5.3 million.

jebus.

yeah sick alright. This is his record for the last 2 days.

Player/Hands/Amount

Ziigmund 3 053 $2 202 740
    Patrik Antonius 1 222 $1 381 840
    Brian Townsend 817 $773 026
    Cole South 4 362 $691 279
    durrrr 386 $217 556
    OMGClayAiken 46 $119 479
    howisitfeellike 499 $85 868
    OlliPolli 128 $27 952
    OnTheRize 160 $9 066
    LokoIsBack 28 $3 796
    HarrisMP 9 -$990
    Urindanger 4 -$4 038
    David Oppenheim 10 -$7 600
    Bobby_Club 67 -$11 464
    Browndog19 116 -$19 771
    Tony G 16 -$30 000
    Brian Hastings 303 -$114 420

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

At least he took $30k off Tony G :D

Does anyone have the link to the 2p2 thread where it showed Durrrr and Raptor's house a couple of years ago? With the two 73" TVs and all.. Unreal for their ages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Bozzer

Does anyone have the link to the 2p2 thread where it showed Durrrr and Raptor's house a couple of years ago? With the two 73" TVs and all.. Unreal for their ages.

http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7723984&page=0&fpart=all&vc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Robbie444

lol at the boy racer mobile in the garage. I'm sure that seemed like a better idea at the time! Nice gaf, bit less of the 'two of each' though. Pimpin' none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭NuttKicker

Durrrr seems to be building his bankroll back up.......he's at 7 tables now and built up a few nice stacks 300k+ and 200k+ on the 200-400 PLO think he was buying in for 20k a time has decent stacks on some other tables too including the 2k-4k 7 game
    according to highstakesdb he was up 500k+ for the last few nights not including tonights games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

so thats the end of the 500-1000 for a while then. It was good while it lasted. RIP Isildur1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I've never railed before, but like everyone else have been most amused and interested in the HS shenanigans over the last few weeks.

Looking back, it seems to me that apart from Antonius and Ivey, the rest of them are just involved in a one big shove-varience-gambol-fest. None of them seem to have a discernable edge so it's just swapping equity shares across the table for hours on end. PA and PI by contrast seem to have a genuine edge over most of the others.

And therein lies a great, great lesson that any of us donks at any stakes can learn: PI is the biggest winner by a very wide margin and he is by a gazzillion, bazzillion miles the best table selector. The second best is Antonius. And Isildur is busto precisely because he never table selects. Take it to the bank - table selection ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Can anyone remember the name of a guy about whom an article was posted here a while back? He was an amateur/degen who took on the likes of Chip Reese at cash back in the 80s and won ****loads before going busto. I was reminded of him when I read about Isildur refusing to play a limper-their modus operandi seems to be the same-very specific game and player selection at nosebleed stakes combined with ultra-agression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Archie Karas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mick84

Looks like Isildur1 is back and rebuilding his bankroll.

Playing 15 / 30. 6 max deep .

Isildur playing some 200/400 and 300/600 plo against howisitfeelike and sitting waiting at 500/1k. Looks like he ain't busto quite yet. Surely he's under rolled though? Who knows, maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

DeadMoney wrote: »
    Isildur playing some 200/400 and 300/600 plo against howisitfeelike and sitting waiting at 500/1k. Looks like he ain't busto quite yet. Surely he's under rolled though? Who knows, maybe not.

That's just finished up. He lost ~$90k.
    I doubt he is busto. His FT account might have been alright but he hardly had his full roll on the site. There was no sign of him yesterday I don't think. Maybe is was transfering more money into his account?

He's playing Brian Hastings now. They were playing 200/400 PLO and isildur was down ~$250k and he asks to play 300/600 instead.
    Chasing losses FTW :pac:

Isildur1: lets go 36 ?
    Brian Hastings: ok

Who is this howisitfeellike/rafi amit guy? Sat in on another heads up game and wouldn't leave :confused:

Brian Hastings: hu please rafi
    Isildur1: hu
    Brian Hastings: dunno what i ever did to u...
    Brian Hastings: isil sit out?
    Brian Hastings: cmonnn rafi
    Brian Hastings: weve been playing for 2 hours
    Brian Hastings: v rude
    Brian Hastings: are u happy
    Brian Hastings: isil what do u want to do?
    Isildur1: hu i said too
    Brian Hastings: yeah i know but hes a dbag and not leaving
    Brian Hastings: jut go back to 2/4?
    Isildur1: who is he ?
    Brian Hastings: rafi amit
    Brian Hastings: im always v courteous to him i dont undrestand
    Isildur1: ...
    Brian Hastings: well i dont rly feel like dealin with this we can go back to 2/4 if u want
    Brian Hastings: otherwise ithink im just gonna quit
    Isildur1: ok 24 6 tables for a while
    Brian Hastings: ok gl

durr vs isildur on now
    300/600 NLE

They've moved to 500/1000 :D

• Advertisement

Well I guess the "re-grind" didnt last too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    durr vs isildur on now
    300/600 NLE

They've moved to 500/1000 :D

They are back to 300/600 NLE (5 Tabling)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Any updates?

durrr was up about 1/2 a mill on yesterday...isi was down i think 1/2 a mill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Great article about who isn't playing Isildur
    "I don't want to be the best," reflected Hac. "It's something I do well. I'd be lying if I said I was here to be the best. I'm here for monetary reasons. It makes it so I don't need a job and it is fun.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/poker/columns/story?columnist=wise_gary&id=4713282&campaign=rss&source=POKERHeadlines

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

The Dangs are cool.

isildur up nearly $1m in the last 5hrs.
    Most of it from Brian Townsend.

they're 4 tabling 300/600 plo..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i remember the days when this graph was considered really sick. the high point isn't even the equivalent of a big pot these days.

grimstarrqd2bf2.gif

• Advertisement

I have no roll but do you want to play bigger stakes? :confused:
    lol

Isildur1: 5001k ?
    Brian Townsend: not today sorry
    Brian Townsend: stuck to much for 500/1k
    Brian Townsend: break tables?
    Isildur1: play more tables ?
    Isildur1: yeah new tables
    Isildur1: i have no role