Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Durrr V Isildur1...whats the damage so far?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Alot of you guys seem to be seeing this as millions and millions and not seeing it in terms on buy-ins, sure max power did 17 buyins there a few weeks ago one nite.

I'm sure all the players involved at these games have rolls of at least 100 buyins imo so losing 10 or even 20 in a nite isn't going to bust them.

Why, shouldn't people be thinking of it in terms of millions and millions? I agree that yes a 'million' probably means a whole lot less to them than it does to most other people but I don't think even they think of it like 'oh well just 10 BI swong'. PA and Ivey would be the only ones I could imagine being sufficiently rolled for these games. I think BT only has only some of his action as he stated in his blog that he would not be playing that high and would play 25/50 100/200 lately but maybe he's taking shots by himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Ace2007 wrote: »
    527K is a little over 5 buyins yea? and for 2 agressive players playing HU omaha, wouldn't be that sick - Alot of you guys seem to be seeing this as millions and millions and not seeing it in terms on buy-ins, sure max power did 17 buyins there a few weeks ago one nite.

I'm sure all the players involved at these games have rolls of at least 100 buyins imo so losing 10 or even 20 in a nite isn't going to bust them.

I'm aware that it is only 5 bi's. But looking at it in terms of money it is pretty sick regardless of bi's. I doubt the players I mentioned (isi + zig) have 10m rolls. So what if Ivey does? He wasn't involved. Even if Ziigmund has 10m, to lose 2m in one day is a big chunk of change.

I know HU PLO is aggro and there has been big swings but still to get done for your stack once every 10 hands is fairly bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

This is all peanuts compared to Babbs roll...Sure hes backed by Naaaaaaaaammmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaa

These lads definately have more that 10 million.. Sure two years ago, BT was estimated to be round 30million and he invested alot of that. Durrr makes alot of money live against people who just want a shot at the best and Isildur1 apparently destroyed the Euro sites before hitting Full Tilt.

People like BT and Durrr havn't stayed at 200/400 and up for years without a proper bankroll.. And I think BT is playing lower stakes to challenge himself over how many thousand hands. According to his blog anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

These lads definately have more that 10 million.. Sure two years ago, BT was estimated to be round 30million and he invested alot of that. Durrr makes alot of money live against people who just want a shot at the best and Isildur1 apparently destroyed the Euro sites before hitting Full Tilt.

People like BT and Durrr havn't stayed at 200/400 and up for years without a proper bankroll.. And I think BT is playing lower stakes to challenge himself over how many thousand hands. According to his blog anyway.

Did Brian Townsend not go busto or something a little while ago, and multiaccounting as well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

I suspect most of them are not rolled to play at this level. They're generally reluctant to move up levels at Isildur's request. Note Dwan was also playing his lowest levels in years after getting creamed. It seems clear that Isildur has made (and lost) a lot by raising the stakes to levels some at least of the other lads are not comfortable with, Beale style.

I also doubt Isildur is rolled enough either, I think he's just taken a decent roll, used it all and gone on a heater, and after being up and down 5 to six million over a couple of days the money really doesn't matter any more.

Did Brian Townsend not go busto or something a little while ago, and multiaccounting as well?
    Pretty sure he had alot of money invested before that "bust".. And he says that this is his best year yet in poker.

I think these guys make alot of money live that the tracker sites cant follow.. Like when BT took Sammy Farha for a good amount over a few days in Vegas.

I've missed a load in the high stakes poker thing though so I could easily be wrong.. BT does like playing tables rolled though and only moved to 5001k yesterday cause he was up a good chunk at 300/600.

I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

bt never ever had anything close to 30m. and as far as i can remember he ended up a loser in the big live games around vegas a year or two ago.

Well then it's Sammy Farha's roll I'm thinking off.. Stand corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

We could argue about who has what roll until we are blue in the face, but tbh, who cares?

At the end of the day it's their money and they can risk whatever % of their roll they see fit..

Just sit back and enjoy the carnage :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Samba wrote: »
    We could argue about who has what roll until we are blue in the face, but tbh, who cares?

At the end of the day it's their money and they can risk whatever % of their roll they see fit..

This this oh this!

He was on a big downswing, so moved down stakes for a while. He played on a differnet account when playing the lower games to save face.
    Don't think he went bust though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Samba wrote: »

This this oh this!

Screw you guys, I want to know the lack of BR management these guys undertake so that I can then be happy about taking pot shots at 5/10 with my 5k bankroll :p:p

Seriously though, it's pretty natural for a bunch of poker players on a poker forum to discuss the bankroll management of the so called best in the world.
    Is this not the stage we all dream of?* Playing cash in the nosebleeds with hundreds of thousands on a table in front of you and you playing like it's monopoly money? I thought that was the dream of every cash game player on the forum.

* not me personally, I'd much prefer to win the WSOP as a one off luckbox who all ye guys can slate to high heaven for being said luckbox :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 phil16phil

Isildur is logged on at 200/400...300/600...500/1000
    and has been waiting a while for some action...no takers.

I wonder is he scaring them away, Is he in a zone that no one else can compete at ? I think it,s he is the only one comfortable at these levels.

I though Zigmund might be back to try and recoup some of his losses of the last 24Hrs.

I think they're going to come on when IS is at his most likely to lose large chunks of money - i.e. when there's 3 of them and he's playing them all.

I think BT see's IS as essentially a guy who's gonna blow up and drop a lot of money eventually and doesn't want to miss out.

One thing you can guarantee is that these guys don't have their whole rolls online. You could also probably say that these guys don't think of a million like we would - but even if you have 10 million, losing 1 is a big drop. It's a big drop because there's only certain players that you'll be able to win the 1m back from and they are the best in the world.

apparently destroyed the Euro sites before hitting Full Tilt

While this is probably true to some extent I think people get a bit carried away when they hear that someone like Isildur "destroyed" the euro sites. Obviously he was a big winner hence building a roll to even shot take nosebleeds on ftp but just how much money do you think he could have made on euro sites? I find it hard to imagine that he made millions. Like didn't he rise to fame as Blom19 the guy who spun a 2k deposit up over 1million and the lose it back? And what about all the other sicko scandie high stakes regs on euro sites that he has had to compete with? I dunno maybe I'm wrong but I dont think he would have built up a couple of million on eurosites alone. `

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    He was on a big downswing, so moved down stakes for a while. He played on a differnet account when playing the lower games to save face.
    Don't think he went bust though.

I made this point a few pages back, about letting ego get in the way from playing 200/400 or 300/600 why not drop back and play 25/50 and 50/100 where you would supposeably have a big egde and crush these games, Billy Bigballs syndrome just wanting to have the notoriety for being in said games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I made this point a few pages back, about letting ego get in the way from playing 200/400 or 300/600 why not drop back and play 25/50 and 50/100 where you would supposeably have a big egde and crush these games, Billy Bigballs syndrome just wanting to have the notoriety for being in said games.

Its human nature to always want more, to move up levels and be the best. Will to be the best is what gets these guys to the top in the first place. Most people are hardly going to say, meh I'm doing ok at 100nl I'm not going to move up and try to improve the same way these guys won't say that about 5knl.

zuutroy wrote: »
    Its human nature to always want more, to move up levels and be the best. Will to be the best is what gets these guys to the top in the first place. Most people are hardly going to say, meh I'm doing ok at 100nl I'm not going to move up and try to improve the same way these guys won't say that about 5knl.

Yeah I can definitely see your point here and I too have questioned why players play higher even when they can make a killing at lower stakes. For example just read ecart's blog from CR. He's a young Dutch guy who has moved from playing 100nl HUNL to like 5K hu in a year but has managed to bust most of his roll lately. He would post one day being up over 100k for the month and then two days later post about how he is down 80k after moving up. For him though like most really good players it is all about pushing themselves to do better and better. Still though I have to agree with TylerDurden here as you can make absolutely huge amounts of money playing stakes like 50/100, 100/200 and these guys would have a decent sized edge I would assume although this may be debatable as people like Phil Galfond and the Dangs have noted in interviews that the skill level from these stakes doesn't jump much to the nosebleeds but it is more that nosebleed players are more fearless or have bigger rolls. CTS usually stays out of the nosebleeds but still makes a killing at lower stakes and doesnt have as big of swings. As for playing something like 100nl and winning at it, I think most people on this forum would not be happy with just beating this level as it will never buy you nice cars or anything or keep you out of the job scene. But playing anything above 10/20 can earn you some serious income, let alone something like 100/200. This thing is I guarantee if ftp increased the stakes these guys would follow. I wonder will they?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

DeadMoney wrote: »
    But playing anything above 10/20 can earn you some serious income, let alone something like 100/200. This thing is I guarantee if ftp increased the stakes these guys would follow. I wonder will they?

Its all relative. When you're a winning 10/20 reg making 200k you extend your logic to: 'Man, I have a sweet S-Class but if I succeed at 50/100 I'll be able to get a Bentley'. You end up tailoring your lifestyle to your current income and then end up wanting a better lifestyle. Thats capitalism for you!

• Advertisement

Thats capitalism for you!

True that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

jimbling wrote: »
    Screw you guys, I want to know the lack of BR management these guys undertake so that I can then be happy about taking pot shots at 5/10 with my 5k bankroll :p:p

Seriously though, it's pretty natural for a bunch of poker players on a poker forum to discuss the bankroll management of the so called best in the world.
    Is this not the stage we all dream of?* Playing cash in the nosebleeds with hundreds of thousands on a table in front of you and you playing like it's monopoly money? I thought that was the dream of every cash game player on the forum.

* not me personally, I'd much prefer to win the WSOP as a one off luckbox who all ye guys can slate to high heaven for being said luckbox :D

True true its just....... ya know!. Personally i just want to see and hear about the big pots that way there seems something tangible. Trying to figure out what their bankroll is for me is as interesting as trying to guess what the neighbours are cooking tonite.

Ya, I remember you saying that. It's funny to be embarrassed by playing 25/50 but I suppose nobody likes dropping stakes.
    Here's an interview of him talking about it:

Bang on. Most people are like that. I read this article recently on PTR though and one player mentioned in it called jrockhaf has played 1m hands of 100nl this year and has a roll of 700 buyins! Slightly over-rolled but he's happy making 70k per year. It's kinda refreshing but I can't understand it for the life of me :pac:
    One of the true superstars of 100nl, who is fairly active on TwoPlusTwo’s forums is “jrockhaf” who continues to crush the tables to the tune of 4.24BB/100 over the course of this entire year. After winning what amounts to $72,400+ at the tables, plus what has to be tens of thousands in VPP rewards, this player is primed to finally make a run at 200nl. But will he? He’s famously never really played at 200nl as evidenced by his 1 million hands played at 100nl this year and 4,082 hands at 200nl during the same time frame. Although many have urged jrockhaf to play in higher games, he’s said he’s content playing at his current level and making $70,000+ a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

why would you play lower when you can beat a higher level? i don't think it has anything to do with what you said, just more hourly rate. and chances are they wouldn't get any action at those stakes anyway.

They always know they can staked to play 25/50 and they have a massive edge there.. I guess that's one reason they risk it for the big money.

Here's a list of how much isildur has won & lost against different players

98409.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

some pretty amazing game this id reckon isi won nearly 500k in it at 100/200nl 6 tabling
    jungleman12: congrats sir
    jungleman12: are you happy now!
    Dealer: jungleman12 has 15 seconds left to act
    Isildur1: ty
    Dealer: Isildur1 wins the pot ($1,200)
    jungleman12: youve broken me
    jungleman12: sigh
    Isildur1: :/
    Isildur1: u get it back
    jungleman12: lol
    jungleman12: ow

Now playing deep against Townsend 4 tables at 500/1k plo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Mr Mondo

DeadMoney wrote: »
    True that! :)
    Indeed!! ;)

Isildur sitting with circa 2million and bt is sitting wit roughly 800k.

• Advertisement

Dam connection went and when it came back bt was sitting out and isi had 1m stack on one table.der must have been a massive pot because both had similar stacks on that table

Advertisement