Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Durrr V Isildur1...whats the damage so far?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Degag wrote: »
    lol how Cole South, Antonious and Townsend wont play each other, just waiting for isildur!

The 3 boys are probably all in the same room going 33% of any action.

Sbrugby, Cts and Stinger obv

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭NuttKicker

finished playing hastings up 4.2 million and isuldur down 3m isuldur is almost broke bought in for 68k at 1 table all he has left is whatever was on the tables when they finished. I get the feeling he'll be back again though
    is that the most anyone has won in a day?
    4.2m in 2858 is that 147BB/100 hands or did i make a mistake????????:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

OMG what a bloodbath. I just caught the start of that last night and Isildur was up a small bit and it was Hastings account that was empty and he was splitting tables. He said in chat after busting on one table that he was waiting on a transfer. What a turnaround. He murdered him in the end.
    Isildur should really set some stop loss limits on himself. I hope he makes another come back. I can't see Hastings losing back that $4m that easy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

mdwexford wrote: »
    The 3 boys are probably all in the same room going 33% of any action.

Sbrugby, Cts and Stinger obv

I wouldn't be surprised if you were right with this. They don't usually play that high I don't think, so they could definitely have some of each others action. And one of them always seems to turn up when the other is just finished.
    NuttKicker wrote: »
    finished playing hastings up 4.2 million and isuldur down 3m isuldur is almost broke bought in for 68k at 1 table all he has left is whatever was on the tables when they finished. I get the feeling he'll be back again though
    is that the most anyone has won in a day?
    4.2m in 2858 is that 147BB/100 hands or did i make a mistake????????:eek:

147BB/100 is right. It worked out at nearly $1500 per hand.
    :eek: indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Holy ****!! I was watching some of this last night b4 bed and it looked like Stinger was getting crushed! Can't get over how much stinger ended up winning over like 2.5k hands. This is by far the sickest swing yet! Isildur needs to get broke and get himself in to therapy or something fast!!

• Advertisement

Another thing is there is no way BH will be giving this money back easy, that guy is way too smart!

Fek it anyway.. I hope Isildur gets rolled again, never been a railbirder much but it's class watchin the huge swings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Sheesh,

Well, I hope he's done his Christmas shopping already!

Sick to be a family member, one day, there might be talk of a gift of a new car, the next you get handed a RC car!

BBV

profit-fulltilt.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

quite sad and such a waste, but if he is just 19 it will only make him a better player. the old schoolers would insist you'll never be a top player until you've gone broke a few times. he'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

One of the biggest things i see would be having a huge advantage over these smaller games, opening up to a different player pool, play some games now and again and pick up a 100k + to add some money to your roll. Would you not see this an advantage?

but you'd need a multiple of your winrate to make the same as playing higher. if he can beat 5/1k for 2k an hour say, there's no point in playing lower for 500 an hour.

• Advertisement

I don't think there is any point in thinking about why he did what he did because there is nothing rational in his behaviour. If there was he'd have only played by his terms, and at the games he was beating, i.e. hold em. He wouldn't have agreed to play when lads wouldn't up the stakes or when they wouldn't top up or went south or whatever. He would have stayed away from Omaha, he would have stayed off line for a while after massive losing streaks, he would have played at a level he was properly rolled at.

The only rational thing he was doing, or possibly doing, was upping the stakes to take the other lads out of their comfort zone.

I don't think he was consciously playing to win the most amount of money possible; I think he was just on a massive run / rush / heater and was enjoying the buzz of playing the highest players at the highest stakes, and then playing them at higher stakes. He was just stuck in the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

but you'd need a multiple of your winrate to make the same as playing higher. if he can beat 5/1k for 2k an hour say, there's no point in playing lower for 500 an hour.

I totally get what your saying. I suppose its to do with an idea in my head of lets say there is no big games running alot of the time the big players just seem to be sitting there waiting for an opponent to show up, ok instead of sitting there for 2 hours or so take this time to drop back a level or two and pick up some extra $$$$$ while waiting on a game to start, no?

Take Durr for example his nosebleed money is pretty much obliterated so he has had to drop back to 25/50 50/100 (i think some people posted up thats what he was playing) how long and much would it take for him to get a good roll together to get back into the nosebleeds?

a147pro wrote: »
    I don't think he was consciously playing to win the most amount of money possible; I think he was just on a massive run / rush / heater and was enjoying the buzz of playing the highest players at the highest stakes, and then playing them at higher stakes. He was just stuck in the moment.

Yeah think this is most likely his thought process. Seems like he is addicted to the buzz of playing with the best in the world for millions of dollars and beating them. Still though if poker doesn't work out in the long run and he finds himself in some job role that he is not happy with years down the line or experiencing financial strain, its gonna suck balls thinking back to the time you lost 4m in a day. Johnny Lodden used to be totally reckless with his roll when he was king of the high stakes back a few years ago and busted it. I remember hearing an interview with him when he publicly announced this and he said how he was being staked by a friend and re-grinding. He said he was young and crazy and he has really learned the value of money now. Obviously helped him grow as a player and he is doing very well now. The same could very well happen Isildur and in a few years he could be just known as the crazy sweedish kid who won and lost millions in a fe days. For now though he is one ****ing sick puppy!

I'd say Hastings is having some party. 4.2 mill in last 24 hours, and as people said, not the kind of fella who will lose that tonight.

As per Isil's roll, HSDB has him with a net loss of 3 mill over last year. Would suggest a roll of about 3 mill...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

EV does seem to catch up with you.

First of all he ran way above Ev against Brian Townsend then handed all his EV back and more to Brian Hastings. If I was Brian Hastings I would probably never play again with the fear of eventually giving it back some day!!

TownsendVSisildur1.png

HastingsVSisildur1.png

Digiman, I'm unfamiliar with such graphs. Does it basically show that he should have lost a million to Townsend, but ran good, and should only have lost about a million to Hastings, but ran really bad?

And how / where did you get the data? And presumably it doesn't take into account non-showdown hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

And how / where did you get the data? And presumably it doesn't take into account non-showdown hands?

I'm fairly sure that anyone can grab the hand on FTP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

A fall from grace that even Icarus would be proud of.

This guy is only 19 which means he probably has little or no offline roll. Absolutely sick to think he may have gone from multi-millionaire to completely busto in such a sort period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

Digiman, I'm unfamiliar with such graphs. Does it basically show that he should have lost a million to Townsend, but ran good, and should only have lost about a million to Hastings, but ran really bad?

Thats basically correct, I got them from HighstakesDB. I'm not sure how they get recorded tbh

AdMMM wrote: »
    A fall from grace that even Icarus would be proud of.

This guy is only 19 which means he probably has little or no offline roll. Absolutely sick to think he may have gone from multi-millionaire to completely busto in such a sort period of time.

I have to feel sorry for the lad.. I'm only 22 and feel a whole lot wiser than what I was when I was 19. People make mistakes, I took out stupid loans, he kept playin 5001k nl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Its not like he wont be back, hes only 19 and if the kid is as good as some people think it wont be long before he is back in action.

Its sick that he lost however many millions but he did win them in the first place, his ability to win them again hasnt gone away.

well the good thing is he's only lost money that he won anyway, so its all relative.

anyway, I've a sneak feeling he'll be back tonight, though it remains to be seen at what levels

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

wrote:
    Its not like he wont be back, hes only 19 and if the kid is as good as some people think it wont be long before he is back in action.

Its sick that he lost however many millions but he did win them in the first place, his ability to win them again hasnt gone away.

Archie Karas tells himself this every night.

Archie Karas tells himself this every night.

Point taken but blom is a proven winner for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

lets hope hes not completely busto. It has been a good buzz looking at the high stakes games for the last couple of weeks. It was some fall from grace though, 3m loss in one night 2 weeks ago, 5 million and then 4 million in the last week. Surely hes already getting staked? It really is just sick money for a 19 year old to lose

Surely hes already getting staked? It really is just sick money for a 19 year old to lose

He was possibly staked from the word go on ftp by a backer and none of the ftp roll was his own. Did he reload on ftp though at one stage? You really never know whts going on behined the scenes here. There is such a big underground backing scene going on in poker these days both online and live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Point taken but blom is a proven winner for a few years.

Not bad for a 19 year old ...

Not bad for a 19 year old ...

Annete was crushing when she was barely out of nappies same with sagstrom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Annete was crushing when she was barely out of nappies same with sagstrom.
    Hey now, keep her weight out of this :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

DeadMoney wrote: »
    He was possibly staked from the word go on ftp by a backer and none of the ftp roll was his own. Did he reload on ftp though at one stage? You really never know whts going on behined the scenes here. There is such a big underground backing scene going on in poker these days both online and live.

Probably backed by PI, PA and Durrr to promote Full Tilt, now that would be funny, especially for Brian Hastings.

Advertisement