Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caution Motorists/Cyclists

Options
  • 12-11-2009 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

When I was cycling along Bishop O'Donnell/ Seamus Quirke Road into work this morning I noticed that there was a stream of oil floating on the water running into the manholes. Looks like (but not for certain) it's coming from the truck parked at the substation. Lettering on it says "electrical oil company" or something similar. Anyway, it was reaining heavily and I'm sure oil, water and tyres don't mix well so just be careful. It certainly did'nt bode well with me. It's already hazardous enough cycling without adding oil to the equation. Not good for the environment either I'm sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Probably transformer cooling/insulating oil, full of PCB's (poly-chlorinated biphenyls (I think)). Very not good..-((

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wonder what it tastes like? Nm, will prob find out once it's coming from my kitchen tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Saw a cyclist come off his bike coming round the bend into Liosbaun from the Menlo Park roundabout earlier, made sure he was ok (hurt but not too bad), so the roads are dodgy enough for anyone on 2 wheels even without oil spills...

Advertisement