Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old guy in the Science Hub?

Options
  • 12-11-2009 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

Who's that old guy that's always sitting on the stairs beside elements in the science hub.

Have you seen him?
    Who is he?

I felt this issue need's to be raised.

Have you seen him? 42 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 42 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭kennyrsb

not sure, think he's an Arts graduate anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Do you mean this guy?

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

yea that just the "UCD Bum" he usually just sits there and minds him own business,
    its funny watching people walk down from th.C and try either walk around him and even hop over him, but most just walk back up

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

everyone knows him, hes been in ucd since u were probably in nappies. hes totally harmless, if anything hes like an unofficial ucd mascot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

He used to sleep on the bottom floor of the physics building. I have reason to believe that he knows Pat Patterson as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

He used to sleep on the bottom floor of the physics building. I have reason to believe that he knows Pat Patterson as well.

Who or what is Pat Patterson?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Since when is it the Science 'hub'... it is always the Science Block for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Michaelrsh wrote: »

Pat Patterson is indefinable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Oh no :( Before your time I guess. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055691754
    Jev/N wrote: »
    I believe the Science hub is a building that exists in a parallel universe where there is no Pat Patterson, where students eat at the 'Centre Club' having previously attended lectures in the 'Newman Building' and submitted forms in the 'Tierney Building.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

The bum is deadly. Rumor has it he came across a girl being raped and scared the guy away. Thats why he's allowed stay in UCD and he gets free meals in the Restaurant. Haven't had the cheek to ask him to get me a free meal yet :p

Don't tell me Pat Patterson is dying... We must strive to spread the word to the uninitiated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

WeeBushy wrote: »

Don't tell me Pat Patterson is dying... We must strive to spread the word to the uninitiated.

Yeha it must be the anti-graffiti walls in the jacks these days, services really know how to wreck the toilet buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

He is the UCD Bum. Nice quiet man. Trinity's mascot Matt the Jap is dead. Ours is living and breathing and is the single reason we are better than Trinity, although Chuck Norris and Pat Patterson contribute too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Worst. Thread. Repost. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Best scapgoat thread ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The poll closure date is quite amusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

Jev/N wrote: »
    the Hub refers to the centre building only where as the science block refers to the centre building aswel as the chem, bio and physics buildings too afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Name : UCD Bum, Old Crusty, Nutley Bum, Homeless Joe, Homeless Howard, Hoboman, Marcus

Background: Former Chemistry Post Graduate student or lecturer (possibly English Lit.). Emotional breakdown after losing his job and/or his wife leaving him

or

- Stopped a sexual assualt of a female student on campus

Been around since: At least 1990.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

1968 wrote: »
    Name : UCD Bum, Old Crusty, Nutley Bum, Homeless Joe, Homeless Howard, Hoboman, Marcus

Background: Former Chemistry Post Graduate student or lecturer (possibly English Lit.). Emotional breakdown after losing his job and/or his wife leaving him

or

- Stopped a sexual assualt of a female student on campus

Been around since: At least 1990.

Alternatively the ghost of my grandfather who lectured in the Science Block for around 20 years :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

The poll closure date is quite amusing.

Who knows he could still be around for that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Who knows he could still be around for that long.

It would upset me if the current science hub still is though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

*gets vote in before poll deadline*

Phew!

Advertisement