Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So I have no idea how to use this Maxell memory stick...

• 12-11-2009 3:39pm

I went out to buy a memory stick and I got the cheapest one I could find: Maxell 4GB Colour Express. I plugged it in and I was expecting it just to be a folder in My Computer but it wasn't. Instead this strange looking Memory Bar shows up in Removable Disk (E:)... I tried read the instructions but I may have accidentally mangled them in my attempts to open the plastic (quite a difficult feat).
    So, When I open up the Memory Bar there are 3 tabs on top: Login/Logout, Password, and Partition. On the Login tab I can't login because I have no password and all the fields are locked out. In the Password tab I can't change my password because all the fields are locked out. I have no idea what partition means...
    I just want to know how I can save all my stuff on this memory stick. Someone PLEASE help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Remo

if you just try right click on the icon , and select format ... that might do the trick.

let me know

There is no format option.

is there any option ?

open
    run as
    scan with norton internet security
    winzip
    send to
    cut
    copy
    reate shortcut
    delete
    rename
    properties

right click on my computer on the desktop and select manage, then select disk managment, can u see the memory stick on the right ? if so try right click and format

• Advertisement

Or when i right-click while in the program it say:
    move
    close
    about memory bar

In about it says:

memory bar 1.1.0.2 2008/01/18
    copyright blabla...

Yes I got into format.
    What next??

well if format is there then select it. then go back to my computer and see if u can get in then ?

Eh no its the same..
    What do i do when Im in format?
    Do i just say ok? theres all the options though...

check the quick format box and then select ok

• Advertisement

Oh i think you got it working!
    Thanks a bunch man!
    I'll reply again if its still not working...

ok no problem ... thats my good dead of the day done !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tigger1580

Hi Remo

I too have the Maxell 4GB Colour Express memory stick and I found your instructions and followed them as to format the stick but now I have done this, when I put it back in the computer nothing happens! The stick flashes and then comes up with a blank screen that says New Volume F. It is NOT asking for a password now though. I hope you can understand this and maybe help me. Many thanks Tigger1580

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,570 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it sounds like it is opening the newly formatted drive, can you see it in my computer?
    have you tried dragging and dropping something into that new volume F?
    if you can then take out the pen drive and see if it disappears

Advertisement