Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Nokias

• 12-11-2009 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi, a friend of mine is trying to sell me a Nokia N78, Its locked to Vodafone but he said it'll be up to me to unlock it if I want it. I'm on the Meteor network so it wouldn't work if I was to call Voda for the unlock code. Vodafone wouldn't give it to me!! Has anyone any suggestions or ideas that could help?

I'm moving to Canada and phones cost an arm and a leg over there so it's not really a pocket friendly option. Any suggestions are very appreciated.:) Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

FenderJazz wrote: »
    Hi, a friend of mine is trying to sell me a Nokia N78, Its locked to Vodafone but he said it'll be up to me to unlock it if I want it. I'm on the Meteor network so it wouldn't work if I was to call Voda for the unlock code. Vodafone wouldn't give it to me!! Has anyone any suggestions or ideas that could help?

I'm moving to Canada and phones cost an arm and a leg over there so it's not really a pocket friendly option. Any suggestions are very appreciated.:) Thanks!
    Your friend or any friend on Vodafone who have topped up more than €120 can get the NAC (unlocking code) online.

https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/services/login/Login.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 FenderJazz

Hope this works!
    Cheers. Appreciate it!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭TwilightWillow

My mother was actually trying to do this today but apparently the vodafone log in page is "down". She wants to change to meteor, because vodafone just aren't meeting the plans she needs. Been with Vodafone for the last 7 years. Rang them up today only to be told that they "can't" give her the code because she's only spent €90 credit in the last 6 months, whereas she needs to have spent €127. Totally ridiculous as she's gonna be changing network whether she gets the code from them or not, but now she has to buy a new phone.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

My mother was actually trying to do this today but apparently the vodafone log in page is "down". She wants to change to meteor, because vodafone just aren't meeting the plans she needs. Been with Vodafone for the last 7 years. Rang them up today only to be told that they "can't" give her the code because she's only spent €90 credit in the last 6 months, whereas she needs to have spent €127. Totally ridiculous as she's gonna be changing network whether she gets the code from them or not, but now she has to buy a new phone.

Any ideas?

Sadly thats the policy now. I think its unfair as it wasn't the case when she joined, but if the phone was bought in the last year its hard to argue with it.

You can get it unlocked yourself for roughly €20, depends what phone it is, the price will go up or down a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

IRL-Tony: when a company name does not show up in a post, that is for a reason. So when I delete a post with said company name, please do not post the same thing again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭IRL-Tony

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    IRL-Tony: when a company name does not show up in a post, that is for a reason. So when I delete a post with said company name, please do not post the same thing again.
    Sorry Tom ... I won't do that again.

I thought the company name was been hidden ONLY because all URLs were unavailable to relative new-comers. I found the particular company to be good [I don't work for them or anything like that].

Is it not possible to mention companies to people on this forum?
    I had a good experience with that particular company and though others would benifet aswell.

Sorry,
    T

Advertisement