Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe for tomato scones (not sundried tomato!)

Options
  • 12-11-2009 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hello,

I am looking for a recipe for tomato scones. Every recipe I find uses sun dried tomato's. I don't want a scone with bits of tomato in it I want one that has a tomato flavour throughout, I'm thinking along the lines of using tins of chopped tomato's or tomato paste but I cannot find anything.

The old Bewleys used to do a lovely tomato bread that was as I describe above but they don't do it any more :-( I would really love to copy something like they had but I think I would prefer to make scones rather than bread also just to make it easy to bring to work etc.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I make a tomato-ey bread with my bread machine where the only real difference over a normal bread recipe is that the water is replaced with a roughly 50:50 mixture of water and passata (sieved tomatoes), so maybe that would work for scones too. Passata has some sweetness to it, so if there's any sugar in the recipe (you can tell I've never made a scone in my life :)), maybe reduce that a bit to compensate

Advertisement