Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

99 Avensis paint code. Where would I find it?.

• 12-11-2009 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

I am looking to get some paint to touch up stone chips, slight scratches etc. Where would I find the paint code on a 99 Avensis?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's on the chassis plate under the bonnet.

Should be a 3 digit/letter code, the first character denotes the basic colour, from memory some of them are:

1 Silver
    2 Black
    3 Red
    4 Gold
    6 Green
    8 Blue
    9 Pink
    0 White

4738_scan0019_600_x_303_3.jpg

In this one the colour code is 27G, (which happens to be a code for a 2 tone colour scheme)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Usually if you ring a main dealer they can get the correct colour code via the car's reg number. I always buy the touch up kit from a main dealer, never cost more than €12 irrespective of car makes I've had and you know the paint is an exact match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

bazz26 wrote: »
    you know the paint is an exact match.

Close match. In my software, I've over 19 different shades for one Toyota paint colour, because the paint has been manufactured for such a long time Toyota have to reorder a few million litres from the paint manufacturer, and each time they do, the shade is slightly different. Admittedly, most are very similar, but some are quite different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Danuogma

Thanks for the replies. No chassis plate under the bonnet, I found it inside the passenger door jam, unusual for a Toyota i'm guessing, they are usually on the bulkhead aren't they?. Anyways, I got what I wanted down at the motor factors, happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Toyota locations :

Top Left under bonnet
    Celica
    Landcruiser
    Hilux
    Previa

Top Right under bonnet
    Previa
    Corolla
    Hiace
    Rav4