Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best driving game?

Options
  • 12-11-2009 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hello all,
    after finding a steering wheel and pedals for a prince sum of 35e.
    Now it's put away till xmass but I hope to get some decent games for it.

I have GT prolouge but I'd prefair a game where the crashes are real wit damage etc?

Is the Colin mc crea game good? Dirt? That monster truck one? Sega rally?
    Throw me a bone here!

Cheers, John.
    Ps3 by the by.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I found GRID to be fun, and it should be available in the bargain bins by now. Its not a realistic game but it is fun with nice damage modeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Try Burnout Paradise. Very arcade-y but a lot of fun, with plenty of DLC to keep you going. As its a bit old now too, it should be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Driving? Driving Driving?

Gran Turismo. Theres no contest.

For brainless fun, I heart Burnout. The Crashes are glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I didn't find playing Burnout Paradise with a steering wheel to be fun. The handling doesn't seem tuned for steering wheels; handling can be too frantic to be enjoyable, I found.

Grid would probably work better with the wheel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

There's a couple of decent looking new ones in the pipeline. Blur and Split Second.

Personally the last one I really enjoyed the whole way through was FlatOut Ultimate Carnage, which is sort of like Destruction Derby but better. You should be able to find that cheap in a bargain bin somewhere because it's quite old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sega Rally is quite good and again cheap. Picked up GRID for a tenner the other day an I'm very much liking it so far. I would say forza but you have a PS3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 NoHands

You want realism? Get RFactor, play it in Veteran. SO GOOD. (if you do get it make sure you check out rfactorcentral.com to download more cars/tracks). Because tis so moddable, a car or track has been made of any place you might care to mention.

oh ps3.... anyways... if you want to use your pc instead....

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Thanks lads, it looks like grid and dirt might be nice cheap yet good games.
    Is gran tourismo 5 out yet???
    If it is I never heard it. I have prolouge but it's not the full thing, there's no nurenburg ring which it the best track ever!
    I've done it in real life and it's a scary place on a bike at 180mph!

Cheers again!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No, GT5 hasn't even got a release date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Forza is worth buying an Xbox for tbh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was going to mention the truely great Test Drive Unlimited, but you ain't got a 360, pity, that's one of my favourites.
    Unfortunately the PS3 isn't blessed with an overabundance of great racers, aside from GT5 Prologue of course.
    Not sure what is to be gained playing the more arcade like titles with a wheel, even the likes of DIRT and Grid are optimised for use with the Dualshock 3 rather than a steering wheel.
    That said, what are the Motorstorm titles like with a wheel, or Ridge Racer 7 for that matter?
    I will second Burnout Paradise however, that is one of the best deals on the market, cheap as chips and excellent stuff to boot.

Advertisement