Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrapping Paper in Lidl

• 12-11-2009 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

I know, I know, its shameful not even December yet. I was in Lidl in Cork yesterday and saw they had wrapping paper for €1.79 for 2m - pretty standard price. However if you take the time to go through the dozens of rolls, there are ones with a snowman pattern that scan at the same price, but you get 10m instead of 2. Not a bargain alert of the century, but handy for people with many presents or men like me who wrap badly and waste a lot of paper!:P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

D'you know if the 10m roll is the same thickness paper? There's nothin worse than tryin to wrap presents in that sugar paper type stuff that rips and tears with the slightest touch!

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

oneweb wrote: »
    D'you know if the 10m roll is the same thickness paper? There's nothin worse than tryin to wrap presents in that sugar paper type stuff that rips and tears with the slightest touch!

Nothing to do this evening (the joys of unemployment) - I'll wrap a provisional pressie and let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

For me? Awwww, thanks! :pac:

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

Free presents! I'll have one too!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭smallgarden

hey was in aldi this evening and they have 10m and 13m rolls for less than 2euro.they also have 8m winnie the pooh rolls.thickness seems ok,not paper thin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

As an old pro at wrapping gifts, Pennys cheap as chips stuff is grand for err.. the big guys stuff that is ripped off in a frenzy Christmas morning.

For gifts that are going to be under the tree for a week or so, or need to be carried somewhere, Dunnes do three rolls for €6 of great quality paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

Don't worry about it Tommy,set up your own prezzie wrapping service. Hope something turns up for you.:D

Advertisement