Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does the XGC work then?

Options
  • 12-11-2009 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I'll be up this saturday for a few hours. I just want to know like in terms of price how much is it? And is it deposit or what? I checked the site but still a little curious. How will I know where all ye lads are at or? Just confused

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Just go in to the back and up the stairs.

In regards payment, it's usually €5 a head to play for 4 hours (2pm to 6pm). Just ask someone their who you should give your money to.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There's a 20 euro deposit for a machine, but obviously not everyone has to get a machine. I always get one because IM RICH, RICH I TELL YOU!!1!!

(Or I don't really mind putting down 20 squid).

Bring your own controller, there's additional rent for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

There's a 20 euro deposit for a machine, but obviously not everyone has to get a machine. I always get one because IM RICH, RICH I TELL YOU!!1!!

(Or I don't really mind putting down 20 squid).

Bring your own controller, there's additional rent for that.

Ok so do I pay at the counter or what? And how will staff know I paid in the midst of playing, like later on if some person asks me?

Oh ****, do like a few people get machines and others just play on them, or does everyone need to put in? Do people mind you playing on theirs etc?

I'm just confused is all. Is there designated areas for each game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ramza wrote: »
    Ok so do I pay at the counter or what? And how will staff know I paid in the midst of playing, like later on if some person asks me?

Oh ****, do like a few people get machines and others just play on them, or does everyone need to put in? Do people mind you playing on theirs etc?

I'm just confused is all. Is there designated areas for each game?

Between fifteen to twenty of us we'll get 4-6 machines. Whoever puts down the €20 deposit gets that back obviously.

Then we divide the total cost by number of people and that's how much you pay.

Is generally about €5 each.

When you get there just go up the stairs at the back and look for the people with sticks. It'll be us.

Dude, seriously, just show up. We're a good crew and we'll make sure you're welcome and all that.

Don't play anyone named Terry at Street Fighter though, he cheats.

• Advertisement

When you get there just go up the stairs at the back and look for the people with sticks. It'll be us.

Don't be alarmed if you see a sea of pink t-shirts and popped collars, it will probably just be the MW2 crowd :pac:

Dude, seriously, just show up. We're a good crew and we'll make sure you're welcome and all that.

Don't play anyone named Terry at Street Fighter though, he cheats.

Sound. Nah it's just my friends are a little, ehh, "angry" with me I'm going to Dublin alone to play SF/Tekken instead of getting ****faced. I just feel odd going alone. And I've never been before so just checking and stuff

What time do you get in at? Oh also, for the Tekken tourney on the 28th, it's a tenner in ok, so is that included or is that a seperate price?

I only have so much money so I don't want to come and then not be able to take part or whatever :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I know how you feel. I was a little puzzled my first time there too. Just head in the door, you don't have to talk to the guy at the desk. At the back there are stairs that lead up to the consoles. We will be up there.

At the end, everyone gives a fiver or so. Its fairly handy. :) We usually start at around 1:30 to 2:00 pm and usually end at around 6pm so that people can get their rides home.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

XGC in 5 easy steps:
    1. Go into XGC
    2. Go past the PCs to the stairs up
    3. Say hi to us boardsies
    4. Give a fiver to whoever's in charge (note: this is randomly decided)
    5. Play :)

Kirby wrote: »
    I know how you feel. I was a little puzzled my first time there too. Just head in the door, you don't have to talk to the guy at the desk. At the back there are stairs that lead up to the consoles. We will be up there.

At the end, everyone gives a fiver or so. Its fairly handy. :) We usually start at around 1:30 to 2:00 pm and usually end at around 6pm so that people can get their rides home.

I take it you'll be the lads playing SF and Tekken?

Also, will I bring my own copy of SF/Tekken or is there really a need? As far as which console for which game, is it just random? I aint got a PS3 pad so I'd obv. be wanting to play both games on Xbox.

Also, is it ok if I try out a few of you guys' sticks like for one game or so? Like japanese modded ones if anyone has them cause I've never played on Japanese parts in years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bring whatever games you want (360 mem cards are a good thing too).

And of course you can try our sticks - just ask*.

*also: puppy dog eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Wait this Saturday is it T6 or SF, or both? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Sound. Nah it's just my friends are a little, ehh, "angry" with me I'm going to Dublin alone to play SF/Tekken instead of getting ****faced. I just feel odd going alone. And I've never been before so just checking and stuff

What time do you get in at? Oh also, for the Tekken tourney on the 28th, it's a tenner in ok, so is that included or is that a seperate price?

I only have so much money so I don't want to come and then not be able to take part or whatever :(

This will be myself and my friends' first trip to XGC also (or any form of social gaming event) so don't worry, we will be equally confused and intimidated.

Until I start playing Tekken. Then everyone else will be intimidated. Booyea!*

*may contain cockiness for the purpose of humour

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    And of course you can try our sticks - just ask*.

*also: puppy dog eyes

Hmm... selectively quoted and put in my sig, that quote would take on a completely different meaning :pac:

Wait this Saturday is it T6 or SF, or both? :confused:

Both, if I am understanding right. SF krew meets up anyway :D
    L31mr0d wrote: »
    Hmm... selectively quoted and put in my sig, that quote would take on a completely different meaning :pac:

Lollers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Ok, so I'll be up this saturday for a few hours. I just want to know like in terms of price how much is it? And is it deposit or what? I checked the site but still a little curious. How will I know where all ye lads are at or? Just confused

I wont be there this Saturday, I've way to much college work to catch up on... gonna be one of those ****ty weekends:mad:

But yeah just walk right in, at the very end of the room theres a doorway, the stairs is there, you'll generally hear the distinct noise of joysticks clicking away as you walk up those stairs along with some familiar SFIV sound effects. Always puts a smile on my face :p

Just walk up to the 1st group of lads playing SFIV and say "Hi I'm ramza, that guy who posted on boards.ie saying people who play FPS games are retarded" and everyone'll know who you are.

Hahahahha just winding you up m8 :p We take the piss a bit, as poor Terry knows. :p

Its a pity I wont be there since you knew me from 3rd strike (Irish-ken :p ) I was looking forward to playing you in SFIV but ah well another time.

I'm sure you'll have a good time and some GG's and yes its odd meeting people from internet land in 'real life', something I wasn't used to at all and was admittedly a bit shy about when it came to it 1st. I found myself often repeating conversations with people I had already had with them online and stuff... its just odd cause your meeting people 1st the first time..but its not really the 1st time... if you get me... anyway lol its grand in the end, everyones bang on.

You should deffo come to a tourney when we get one going.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Well, I managed the financial side of things for the first meet (which ended in a mathematical nightmare as for some reason, my brain shut down and kept everyone waiting about 5 or 10 minutes plus difficulties with the guy at the desk :))

I'd offer to take up the roll again to manage the money side but I can't guarantee I'll be going as I have an exam next week. It shouldn't be over €5 (only in the case where 2 or 3 show up which is unlikely it'll be more than €5) but on average, its €5 (give or take a Euro)

Sounds great, I'll definitely be there!

Yeah I'm super shy/quiet anyway so it'll probably be ten times harder for me! It's gonna be weird meeting ye lads for the first time but I'm sure it will be good craic

I'll probably be afraid to open my mouth! :P

I'd be the tallish lad with shoulder length brown hair anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Are you getting a bus up? it's just that it so happens I'll be in mulingar this weekend and I was just going to catch a bus from there, so if you want we could catch the same bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Don't be alarmed if you see a sea of pink t-shirts and popped collars, it will probably just be the MW2 crowd :pac:

That or Terry and the tiger posse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Sounds great, I'll definitely be there!

Yeah I'm super shy/quiet anyway so it'll probably be ten times harder for me! It's gonna be weird meeting ye lads for the first time but I'm sure it will be good craic

I'll probably be afraid to open my mouth! :P

I'd be the tallish lad with shoulder length brown hair anyways

Are you my long lost twin? :)

A-Trak wrote: »
    That or Terry and the tiger posse.

Don't f*ck with the T-Unit!

....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

I love how the anti-sagatism just appears out of nowhere

Its not a bona fide fighter forum thread without it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

conor stop writing books and do your work now so you can show up.
    I bet youre staying in cause you know you''ll get destroyed with that stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I know where he lives lads. We'll send Terry's Boys 'round.

DarkTalant wrote: »
    Are you getting a bus up? it's just that it so happens I'll be in mulingar this weekend and I was just going to catch a bus from there, so if you want we could catch the same bus.

Yeah man I'm gettin the bus tomorrow morning. Yeah sounds good, you're not online right now as I post this so I hope you see this message by then

I'll PM you my mobile
    Leprekaun wrote: »
    Are you my long lost twin? :)

If you are made of win, then yes :P

Placebo wrote: »
    conor stop writing books and do your work now so you can show up.
    I bet youre staying in cause you know you''ll get destroyed with that stick.

Procrastination is my middle name but no, I'm missing out on a lot of **** this weekend cause of college stuff, damn my inability to manage time :mad:

"You win again...grav... I mean Time!" bah..

:(

Advertisement