Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Food & Wine Magazine Christmas Show.Anyone?

Options
  • 12-11-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

Is this the first year of this, I haven't noticed it before, or found any reference to previous years on Google.

Just wondering if anyone has any additional info on what's happening.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/The-Food-Wine-Magazine-Christmas-Show-tickets/artist/1011179?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name

Be inspired by Ireland's top FOOD&WINE experts in our Master classes from Whiskey Tasting to Wine Matching the FOOD&WINE Christmas Show will feature a range of amazing experts in our FREE Master Classes. Sips & Tips in the Wine Experience Theatre For wine enthusiasts and experts who want to learn more about wine matches, tasting, grape varietals or even how to pull a cork with flair!

Culinary techniques and mouth watering creations in our live cooking demos - FOOD&WINE has put together a stellar line-up of top Chefs to cook live on stage throughout the show - from traditional Christmas dinners to inspired ethnic delights visitors will be entranced by their delicious recipes.

FOOD&WINE will be showcasing culinary delights from across the world in our Global Food Village. Fancy Eating Out this Christmas? We have the best of Ireland's fine dining restaurants, country houses and hotels in the Fine Dining Zone. The perfect kitchen for committed cooks The Christmas Show features the best of kitchen appliances and gadgets from the ultimate chef's knives to the time-saving must-have's for busy bakers. Master brewers and mixologist magic The Wine & Drinks Emporium features everything from beer tastings to cocktail mixing and is the perfect place to find rare wines and connoisseur delights!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Just heard is advertised on the radio. €20 entry seems a bit steep - I'm not sure what I'll get for my money apart from the chance for the participating companies to market their products to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

2 for 1 tickets from ticketmaster through pigsback.com site.

So total including booking fee €22.50 for 2 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ebrown

Hey,

If you're interested, ireland.com is doing an competition for tickets for this show.

http://www.ireland.com/competitions/food-wine-magazine/

Elaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jenindublin

Hi Guys,

Yes it is the 1st year and a very impressive list of exhibitors booked in..

A Slice of Heaven An Bord BiaAnanda RestaurantAqua Restaurant & Janet's Country FayreAthlone Springs AvocaBallyvolane House & O'Brien Chop HouseBerman & WallaceBlacklionBoozeberries C & R Drinks California Market BakeryCalifornia Wine Imports Classic Irish Hampers Cliff House HotelClonarn Clover Coolanowle Country House & Organic FarmCooley Distillery Country Choice Nenagh & Crowe's FarmDaisy Chain Cup CakesDoonbeg Hotel, Golf Club & Spa & The Burren SmokehouseDunbrody HouseEarthly Emporium Edward Dillion Ely Wine BarExperience Connemara.com Eye Essentials Festive DecorationsFlynn Hotel Group Gift directs.com Glyde Farm ProduceGood Food IrelandGreen Saffron Spices LtdHaagen DazsHampers & Co Harvey Nichols Hot Irish Man Howard Storage I-BrewIndice ltdIreland's Blue Book Jod Food ProductsKelly's Resort Hotel & Spa & Knockdrinna Farmhouse CheeseKenwood Knockranny House Hotel & SpaKnorr Stock PotKylemore Acres L'Ecrivan Lifestyle Photography Marks & SpencersMcCabes Mileeven Find Foods Monart Destination Spa & Cooleeney Cheese Mór FoodsMorton Supermarket Mount Falcon Estate & Kelly's of Newport Mr Bee's "Active" Manuka Honey Natasha's Living Food Nuremore Hotel O'BriensO'Connells in Ballsbridge & Paddy's O'GranolaO'Hanlon Herbs Organic Herb Co Organic Herb Co Parknasilla Resort Pasta FrecaPerfect PansPerfect PansPieroth wine RAIRoly's Bistro San PSimply Christmas SmartGrowers LTdSoul Bakery Stable DietTaste of the Caribbean The Apple Farm of Tipperay The Blue Haven Food CompanyThe Corkscrew The Food of AthenryThe Irish Seaweed CompanyThe Market Butchers The Market Butchers The Merrion Hotel The Porterhouse Brewing The Ritz Carlton, Powerscourt The SculleryThe Tannery Theromomix Venture PicturesWineport Lodge

The following chefs are demonstrating on stage

Derry ClarkeL'EcrivainSunil Ghai AnandaNeven MaguireBlacklionDylan McGrathRoss LewisChapter OneThomas HaughtonHarvey NicholsPaul FlynnThe TanneryRozanne Stevens MieleNeven MaguireMacNean House & RestaurantKevin DundonDunbrody HouseSeamus CommonsKHHEd Cooney

The Merrion

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Hi Guys,

Yes it is the 1st year and a very impressive list of exhibitors booked in..

A Slice of Heaven An Bord BiaAnanda RestaurantAqua Restaurant & Janet's Country FayreAthlone Springs AvocaBallyvolane House & O'Brien Chop HouseBerman & WallaceBlacklionBoozeberries C & R Drinks California Market BakeryCalifornia Wine Imports Classic Irish Hampers Cliff House HotelClonarn Clover Coolanowle Country House & Organic FarmCooley Distillery Country Choice Nenagh & Crowe's FarmDaisy Chain Cup CakesDoonbeg Hotel, Golf Club & Spa & The Burren SmokehouseDunbrody HouseEarthly Emporium Edward Dillion Ely Wine BarExperience Connemara.com Eye Essentials Festive DecorationsFlynn Hotel Group Gift directs.com Glyde Farm ProduceGood Food IrelandGreen Saffron Spices LtdHaagen DazsHampers & Co Harvey Nichols Hot Irish Man Howard Storage I-BrewIndice ltdIreland's Blue Book Jod Food ProductsKelly's Resort Hotel & Spa & Knockdrinna Farmhouse CheeseKenwood Knockranny House Hotel & SpaKnorr Stock PotKylemore Acres L'Ecrivan Lifestyle Photography Marks & SpencersMcCabes Mileeven Find Foods Monart Destination Spa & Cooleeney Cheese Mór FoodsMorton Supermarket Mount Falcon Estate & Kelly's of Newport Mr Bee's "Active" Manuka Honey Natasha's Living Food Nuremore Hotel O'BriensO'Connells in Ballsbridge & Paddy's O'GranolaO'Hanlon Herbs Organic Herb Co Organic Herb Co Parknasilla Resort Pasta FrecaPerfect PansPerfect PansPieroth wine RAIRoly's Bistro San PSimply Christmas SmartGrowers LTdSoul Bakery Stable DietTaste of the Caribbean The Apple Farm of Tipperay The Blue Haven Food CompanyThe Corkscrew The Food of AthenryThe Irish Seaweed CompanyThe Market Butchers The Market Butchers The Merrion Hotel The Porterhouse Brewing The Ritz Carlton, Powerscourt The SculleryThe Tannery Theromomix Venture PicturesWineport Lodge

The following chefs are demonstrating on stage

Derry ClarkeL'EcrivainSunil Ghai AnandaNeven MaguireBlacklionDylan McGrathRoss LewisChapter OneThomas HaughtonHarvey NicholsPaul FlynnThe TanneryRozanne Stevens MieleNeven MaguireMacNean House & RestaurantKevin DundonDunbrody HouseSeamus CommonsKHHEd Cooney

The Merrion

Hi Jen.

I take you have somthing to do with it ;)

Anyhoo, I am going along myself with my wife.

Would it be possible to supply me with a clearer outlay of whats happening and with who. Perhaps a website link....

NB if this breaks any board thread rules than please feel free to pm me and I'll give you my email address.

Thanks Jen,

Brian

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jenindublin

Hi Brian,

Yes, how did you guess, I'm a sales Manager on the event ;)

The website is www.foodandwineshow.ie It will give you a schedule of the Chefs on stage & Master classes, & list of Exhibitors. The editor of the magazine Ross Golden Bannon is comparing throughout the event

Hope you enjoy!!!

Thanks
    Janine

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Hi Brian,

Yes, how did you guess, I'm a sales Manager on the event ;)

The website is www.foodandwineshow.ie It will give you a schedule of the Chefs on stage & Master classes, & list of Exhibitors. The editor of the magazine Ross Golden Bannon is comparing throughout the event

Hope you enjoy!!!

Thanks
    Janine

Hi Janine.

That looks great, can't wait to go!!

Myself and the mrs are bringing her folks in for their wedding anniversary.

Should be a good one.
    I need to learn what side of my wine glass to drink out of!! :P

See you there.

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

Won a pair of free tickets and went today. It seemed very quiet. At €20 for admission, I'm not surprised, since you really don't get that much for your money, except the chance to buy food and wine, and maybe try the odd small free sample. It's celtic tiger pricing I would say, rather than recession pricing. Better to charge €10 or less entry, get 2 or 3 times as many visitors, then charge the vendors more for having a stand...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I went with my boyfriend with two for one tickets. If I had paid 20 I would have been disappointed. However I enjoyed it and left with a full belly. I tried everything from sausages to turkey curry to millionaires shortbread. My boyfriend got to try some new whiskeys and beers. Most of the people working at it were lovely. I was particularly impressed by the people from M&S.

I liked the fact that it was quiet enough. We had free tickets for Toys 4 Big Boys a few weeks ago and that was packed and rubbish. I was much more impressed by the Food & Wine show.

I would have liked to have caught a masterclass or a show but there was nothing on at the time that interested me.

I enjoyed it anyway. :)

Advertisement