Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Course/Workshop

• 12-11-2009 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a short course/workshop along the lines of "photography for holidays". Basically my boyfriend had just bought his first digital SLR and he's getting really into taking pictures when we go away. Recently in the UK I came across a walking tour with a photographer who did 50% history and 50% how to take photos. I have had no luck finding something similar in Dublin or near it. Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

He will do a "proper" course once he has the time, but for now this is just an idea for his Xmas pressie.

Apologies if this has been answered before. I had a look through the forum and couldn't see anything.

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

He would probably learn more by joining his local Camera Club. There are plent around Dublin. He will also get very good advice here.

The course at Dublin Camera Club has one night for Holiday/Travel Photography but the course is full. The next one starts on Wed 27th January & is open for booking now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

CabanSail wrote: »
    He would probably learn more by joining his local Camera Club. There are plent around Dublin. He will also get very good advice here.

The course at Dublin Camera Club has one night for Holiday/Travel Photography but the course is full. The next one starts on Wed 27th January & is open for booking now.

That night is the best part of that course, I've actually sat through it twice, once ~10 years ago!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

there is also the option of a quick training session with www.iop.ie (institute of photography, dublin). they do courses for half days on how to use your DSLR's, for beginners.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lizzy

Cheers Rameire, I had seen that course on IOP website, but hadn't spotted the fact you could also pay to go if you didn't qualify for the freebie!! Thanks a million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭emul

Have a look at http://www.petercox.ie/photography_courses.php I haven't done any of the courses but seems to be exactly what your looking for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement