Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weekend nightlife

Options
  • 12-11-2009 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

hey,

i'm new enough to greystones so was just wondering if i was missing and good pubs/clubs around the area or surrounding area. where do people head out locally for a boogie? :)

the beach house has a band most saturday evenings but apart from that i dont see many other options bar bray... have tried the threatre a couple times but seems a very young crowd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

jobless wrote: »
    greystones
    jobless wrote: »
    good pubs/clubs around the area or surrounding area. where do people head out locally for a boogie? :)

Bwaaaaahhhhhhahahaha.

Sorry mate, Greystones isn't known as the town with no pubs for nothing.

Bray is where you might go.
    Or Dalkey, but getting back is taxi only.

The Burnaby doesn't want people to drink there, the Orchard (only real pub left) is quiet, You have tried the beach house. Not sure if Danns does music much anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

yeah thought that would be the case..... fairly boring spot for a party animal like me :)

where is the Orchard?... and why do you say the burnaby doesnt want people to drink there?.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

I had to laugh at this thread too!:D If you're looking for any sort of nightlife, the seafront in Bray would be the place to go; The Martello/Koo, The Porterhouse/Eclectic Garden. They're not too bad on the weekends.

yeah i guess bray is the only local option...
    from my impression of greystones... any kind of club, late bar would be shot down fairly quickly by the council...

just thought with such a young population in the likes of charlesland etc there would be more choice... i thought wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

I can recommend the Burnaby if you want to be treated like the enemy. The willow grove is a good spot for a pint or 10.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

dont forget cluesoes :D

they used to run buses, not sure if they still do this

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Huntthe wrote: »
    The willow grove is a good spot for a pint or 10.
    Yep, it's a funny little pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

"Funny little pub" I agree.

Those westies (west side of the N11) are an odd bunch.

Anyone else hear the rumour re the swingers scene up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

If you go out in bray on a friday or saturday, the 84n nitelink leaves the city center at 00:00, 02:00 and 04:00 stop on the main street outside The China Kitchen (opposite spar).
    Also eclectic garden/porter house has started a bus that goes to greystones, I'm not exactly sure where from, I'll let you know tomorrow though, as I'll hopefully be getting it.
    These all cost €5, the 84n needs to be in coins is the only thing.

If you're getting a taxi I've found it can cost between €15 and €20ish euro, depending where you're going to/how fast you drive, so if there's a few of you, you may as well go for a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

kateos2 wrote: »
    If you go out in bray on a friday or saturday, the 84n nitelink leaves the city center at 00:00, 02:00 and 04:00 stop on the main street outside The China Kitchen (opposite spar).
    As well as a finnegan that leaves city centre at 01:00 and 03:00. In Bray it turns right at the royal hotel and goes down by the seafront, goes up by southern cross, back down the boghall and into gstones, goes by tesco and down the main street through to kilcoole. €7 from dublin to greystones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Jammyc wrote: »
    As well as a finnegan that leaves city centre at 01:00 and 03:00. Turns right at the royal hotel and goes down by the seafront. €7 from dublin to greystones.

True, he doesn't always go down to the seafront, only if people want him to, so could be a bit of risk trying to get that one.

thanks for all the info guys...

where is cluesos and the willow... wouldnt mind trying somewhere new...

people are right about the burnaby..... what a lifeless place... the only time i go there now sometimes is for sunday lunch.... they could really do so much more with the place

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Cluesoes is a strange nightclub in Ashford

Many a drunken night spent there in my youth and old age.

the last time i was there they had cage dancers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

irishbird wrote: »
    Cluesoes is a strange nightclub in Ashford

Many a drunken night spent there in my youth and old age.

the last time i was there they had cage dancers :)
    Miley and Biddy in a cage. Wow:)

FirstIn wrote: »
    "Funny little pub" I agree.

Those westies (west side of the N11) are an odd bunch.

Anyone else hear the rumour re the swingers scene up there?

Heard the rumour but people keep handing my keys back to me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

I do think a low key wine bar would do quite well,we would defo use it,maybe a few years too late but there's still plenty of old money around Greystones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Eoin D

heavyballs wrote: »
    I do think a low key wine bar would do quite well,we would defo use it,maybe a few years too late but there's still plenty of old money around Greystones

Thought that myself not too long ago, I'd say it would make a killing

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Great White

The beginning of this thread was called 'Weekend Nightlife', not a rant against the owners/managers of the Burnaby.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The beginning of this thread was called 'Weekend Nightlife', not a rant against the owners/managers of the Burnaby.

I agree with that.

Its getting personal now, i am going to review and edit/delete some posts.

Any suggestions yourself ? Hardly a rant merely observations.

• Advertisement

Huntthe wrote: »
    Any suggestions yourself ? Hardly a rant merely observations.

Please stick to the topic.

In fairness Great white is right.

It turned into a Burnaby witch hunt at one point in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

There are licensing issues in greystones or so I was lead to believe.
    I would be surprised if you see anything much open up around, bar maybe something in Charlesland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

have you been workin there long?

This thread has served its purpose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement