Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange happenings at CIT today

• 12-11-2009 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

first that old courtyard area was filled with blue tables with lots of free sandwiches on them, yet nobody could get at them

in the canteen there were kids running around the place, ones that wouldn't normally be allowed into a secondary school. some of them were with their parents. i suppose its fair enough that a parent would bring a kid into collitch for a day to let them see what it looks like i suppose. "do your sums now when you get home and if you're good, maybe someday you can get into a place like this!" great motivator for a kid really. highly recommended

now the strangest thing was all these lads going around with suits and purple scarves and flat hats you could put a pizza on, but the pizzas never arrived so they went for the sandwiches instead. crazy stuff, who are these lads anyway? some religious order, CIT secret society? I suppose I could have asked one of them but you never know with these secret societies, they might have me 'wacked' or make my life a misery in someway so I didn't bother.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

there were students graduating today. i think they were night course people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Not night course , well some part timers id imagine but loads did today, including Science students Aka maths computing physics biology chemistry etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I did :) - great day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I didn't, cos my family couldn't make it, and it's more for them than me, so I didn't go.

I'll go next year when I get my Honours Degree, at least I hope I will....

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I didn't, cos my family couldn't make it, and it's more for them than me, so I didn't go.

I'll go next year when I get my Honours Degree, at least I hope I will....
    Ah I see. It was Live on the site however! - I only discovered this after my grad so my grandparents missed out!

It was a boring event really ha. The ball is what was good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 PotatoInsertion

In my experience, all people who were just dying to go for pints. Much patting of the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

I thought it was a disgrace that they closed the car park to students so the graduating people could park. It's not like they have classes to get to.
    Worst part was there was no notice about it either.

themonboys wrote: »
    I thought it was a disgrace that they closed the car park to students so the graduating people could park. It's not like they have classes to get to.
    Worst part was there was no notice about it either.
    Where do you think guests could park! - It's just a once off in the year. It would look very bad for the college if the guests could not park on that important day. They coming from all over the country.

And they did give notice. It was on the LCD screens in big writing a week before hand.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Where do you think guests could park! - It's just a once off in the year. It would look very bad for the college if the guests could not park on that important day. They coming from all over the country.

And they did give notice. It was on the LCD screens in big writing a week before hand.

Apologizes, I never saw that notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Webmonkey wrote: »

A notice was also sent by email to students, warning them that parking in certain areas will be reserved

aaronh007 wrote: »
    A notice was also sent by email to students, warning them that parking in certain areas will be reserved

I only got my login last week so I must have a few emails waiting for me!!!!!

Advertisement