Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REFLINK

• 12-11-2009 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭

Does anyone know the frequency used by rugby referees who are wired for sound ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Got talking to a Mongey Comms fella one night in Donnybrook...operates around the 800MHz mark as far as I recall. All standard radio mic gear and yagi beam antennas.

The likes of Croke Park possible has installed gear in situ. That night in Donnybrook (when the rugby was cancelled due to the cold snap we had), it was all flightcased gear and 2 lads in a van.

The referee uses IEM to receive voice from the video ref in the TV gallery. The IEM was on an odd band though...600MHz odd. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

As far as I know they are re broadcast through the normal radio broadcast band, search between 88 and 107 Mhz Fm. The last time I heard it, it was somewhere around 98FM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

...and you buy the "blue-tooth" like clip-on earphone yoke. Must be on low power to be on broadcast band...just enough to cover the likes of Croke Parke/Landsdowne Road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Or if your phone has a radio on it that will work too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭brownmini

UrbanFox wrote: »
    Does anyone know the frequency used by rugby referees who are wired for sound ?

reading the webpage
    http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/archive/rau/radio-stations/rsls/sporting.htm

Suggests 96.4 and 96.5 MHz

I remember two rugby-types talking about it and one mentioned that it could be picked up on any half decent VHF personal radio.
    Most of the time, all you will hear is the ref's heavy breathing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement