Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auditions!!! Hip-Hop Dance/ Break Dance Crews to represent Ireland in Los Angeles

Options
  • 14-03-2006 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello everyone,

As the Irish Representative for Hip-Hop International, I would like to spread the word on the selection process for the World Hip-Hop/Break Dance Championships in Los Angeles in July 2006. This year a break dance event has been added to the line up so in addition to selecting our hip-hop dance crews, we will also be selecting a break dance crew. Here's the information. Any questions you have, I'm hear to answer.

Junior Squad: 7-12yrs

(the selection process for juniors is a team competition to be held in Dublin in May 2006. The winning team will go on to represent Ireland at the World Championships in LA in July 2006. The rules for this event will be the Hip-Hop international rules, the same rules that the winning team will compete under in LA. Junior crews can have between 5-8 crew members)

Varsity Squad: 12-17yrs
    (the selection process for varsity is also a team competition to be held in Dublin in May 2006. The winning team will go on to represent Ireland at the World Championships in LA in July 2006. The rules for this event will be the Hip-Hop international rules, the same rules that the winning team will compete under in LA. Varsity crews can have between 5-8 crew members)

Adult Squad: 18yrs +
    (The Selection process for the Adult Squad is different. We will be auditioning individually for a place on the adult squad. Auditions will take place on Sunday 2nd April 2006 at Streets Ahead Dance Studios, old Airport Road. €10 per person audition fee. 8 persons will be selected to form the official Irish Adult Squad. They will be required to be available for gigs/publicity/sponsors & training sessions between now and July. Adult crews can have between 5-8 crew members)

Break Dance Squad: Open age
    (The Selection process for the Break Dance Squad is different. We will be auditioning individually for a place on the break dance crew. Auditions will take place on Sunday 2nd April 2006 at Streets Ahead Dance Studios, old Airport Road. €10 per person audition fee. 8 persons will be selected to form the official Irish Adult Squad. They will be required to be available for gigs/publicity/sponsors & training sessions between now and July. The Break Dance crew can have between 4-6 crew members & can be made up of any mixture of bboys/bgirls)

Please register your interest if you wish to compete in the crew event in May. I can send copies of the rules to anyone who needs them. The date & event for the Irish event will be set in the coming weeks. I am available to speak to anyone by phone or email to discuss any of the details. Should you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me. I would appreciate your support in spreading the word about this event.

Thanking you

Tara Treacy
    Irish Representative for Hip-Hop International
    www.streetsaheaddance.com
    tel: 01 8627973 or 0872998326

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bradleycorey

taztreacy wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

As the Irish Representative for Hip-Hop International, I would like to spread the word on the selection process for the World Hip-Hop/Break Dance Championships in Los Angeles in July 2006. This year a break dance event has been added to the line up so in addition to selecting our hip-hop dance crews, we will also be selecting a break dance crew. Here's the information. Any questions you have, I'm hear to answer.

Junior Squad: 7-12yrs

(the selection process for juniors is a team competition to be held in Dublin in May 2006. The winning team will go on to represent Ireland at the World Championships in LA in July 2006. The rules for this event will be the Hip-Hop international rules, the same rules that the winning team will compete under in LA. Junior crews can have between 5-8 crew members)

Varsity Squad: 12-17yrs
    (the selection process for varsity is also a team competition to be held in Dublin in May 2006. The winning team will go on to represent Ireland at the World Championships in LA in July 2006. The rules for this event will be the Hip-Hop international rules, the same rules that the winning team will compete under in LA. Varsity crews can have between 5-8 crew members)

Adult Squad: 18yrs +
    (The Selection process for the Adult Squad is different. We will be auditioning individually for a place on the adult squad. Auditions will take place on Sunday 2nd April 2006 at Streets Ahead Dance Studios, old Airport Road. €10 per person audition fee. 8 persons will be selected to form the official Irish Adult Squad. They will be required to be available for gigs/publicity/sponsors & training sessions between now and July. Adult crews can have between 5-8 crew members)

Break Dance Squad: Open age
    (The Selection process for the Break Dance Squad is different. We will be auditioning individually for a place on the break dance crew. Auditions will take place on Sunday 2nd April 2006 at Streets Ahead Dance Studios, old Airport Road. €10 per person audition fee. 8 persons will be selected to form the official Irish Adult Squad. They will be required to be available for gigs/publicity/sponsors & training sessions between now and July. The Break Dance crew can have between 4-6 crew members & can be made up of any mixture of bboys/bgirls)

Please register your interest if you wish to compete in the crew event in May. I can send copies of the rules to anyone who needs them. The date & event for the Irish event will be set in the coming weeks. I am available to speak to anyone by phone or email to discuss any of the details. Should you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me. I would appreciate your support in spreading the word about this event.

Thanking you

Tara Treacy
    Irish Representative for Hip-Hop International
    www.streetsaheaddance.com
    tel: 01 8627973 or 0872998326

Hi Tara,

Just wondering if you can help me out.

Am looking to hire some professional break dancers to perform at a new years eve Bash next year.

Do any of your students do this?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Hi Tara,

Just wondering if you can help me out.

Am looking to hire some professional break dancers to perform at a new years eve Bash next year.

Do any of your students do this?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

That user hasnt been active for years. Maybe drop a line instead?

Closing thread to avoid confusion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement