Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new keeper then?

Options
  • 12-11-2009 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

with the news about carlo(wish him all the best by the way)does it open things up for david james?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

with the news about carlo(wish him all the best by the way)does it open things up for david james?

hopefully not.

we got rid of robbo for his inconsistancy, super shot stopper but always gets beaten from 30 yards for some very strange reason!!:confused:

bought in gomez. much the same as above!!

bought in the reliable cudicini who didnt have the best time of his career either.

do we really need another accident prone keeper nicknamed "calamity james"???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

i agree..who else is out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

What was he doing on a motorbike. Surely that is against club rules

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

WHL wrote: »
    What was he doing on a motorbike. Surely that is against club rules
    Yes,I would have thought so aswel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

with the World cup coming up there's no way James will come and sit on the bench. If he signs it'll be as the number one keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really hope we dont get James. Yes he has come a long way since his early days, but he is still prone to making some pretty awful mistakes. Also, as said above, there's no way he will come and be 2nd choice.

I'd prefer to see a younger keeper brought in, who has some potential. Gomes is playing fine at the moment, and as long as he stays fit (and on his fuppin line), we should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

gomes is number one. harry needs a number 2. james wont agree to be number 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

i'd agree with everything said so far....any young and up coming kepers out there...what about kieran westwood...getting some great reviews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Todays Sun said Spurs are interested in taking Ben Foster as he's only Man U's number 3 and worried about his World Cup chances cos he's not getting regular game at club level

Todays Sun said Spurs are interested in taking Ben Foster as he's only Man U's number 3 and worried about his World Cup chances cos he's not getting regular game at club level

hve heard this aswell but coming from the sun how realistic is it?

but then again doe harry not have a column in that??

• Advertisement

wouldnt mind that french keeper Hugo Lloris off lyon.

he didnt put a foot wrong in the two legs v ireland.

any takers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

very good keeper but i think gomes has the number one nailed down at this stage and deservedly so.

Advertisement