Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An irish autumnwatch?

• 12-11-2009 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭

Should RTE or TV3 make a autumnwatch or springwatch type programmes like the BBC do as a far i can remember living the wildlife is the only home made wildlife programme i may be corrected.Listening to mooney goes wild on fridays there is a lot off untapped talent out there who contribrute to the show.More importantly would it get the audience figures :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

there is room for such a show indeed but the ammount of money and research that would need to go into it is phenomanal so i cant see them commissioning it. there would be interest alright but they key is the money. i think if they did a trial show for a week in spring that was an hour and not two with a lot less features they might be able to pull it off and then jusge by the ratings whether to commission a full on one the following season, we need a lot more home grown nature shows and if i have my way there will be more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I don't think that format is practical or financially viable for here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

All they would have to do is contact the universities they would surely have the hard work done where to film the habitats worth going to. I know that the filming of nature is time consuming therefore costly.i think it is gap that needs to be filled and may done on a trial basis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

bogtreader wrote: »
    All they would have to do is contact the universities they would surely have the hard work done where to film the habitats worth going to. I know that the filming of nature is time consuming therefore costly.i think it is gap that needs to be filled and may done on a trial basis

No offence but you obviously didn't consider the difference between carrying out research of a particular species in a particular habitat and getting broadcast quality footage of it.
    Certainly Irish wildlife programmes would be worthwhile but not an Autumnwatch format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

No offence taken i just thought it might be a runner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

No offence but you obviously didn't consider the difference between carrying out research of a particular species in a particular habitat and getting broadcast quality footage of it.
    Certainly Irish wildlife programmes would be worthwhile but not an Autumnwatch format.

Excuse me, but what's wrong with an "Autumnwatch" format? I think it would be very popular.

Advertisement