Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resignation & taking full leave

Options
  • 12-11-2009 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,
    I'm resigning from my job next week (not happy there). I have approx 13 annual leave days left to take this year.

My notice period is 2 months so if I give my notice next week, I should theoretically be able to finish at xmas time by taking my annual leave days.

Will my employers be able to refuse me these days? The post-xmas period in work is always very stressful, therefore I would obviously prefer to not have to work then.

My fear is that my employers will not allow me to take my leave on these days as they would obviously prefer me to work them.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: just spotted this thread, think thats my answer!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055722821

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The post-xmas period in work is always very stressful, therefore I would obviously prefer to not have to work then.
    Not a hope in hell then of them letting you take that time off. Get the time off over the xmas holidays. Remember: they could bring in a "no holidays to be carried over" rule to screw with you, if they applied it to the entire business.

By two months, I take it you're high up in there, and/or want a good reference? Unless you and them (your managers) are fighting, try to work out somethig. Say you'll work the "stressfull bit", and they may accomondate you better?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Holidays is at the companies discretion, if they want to they will say no holidays and pay it on your last day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 whizzy_llabo

Ok..tried to thank you both but Im new to this & can't figure it out!

Looks like I'll have to suck it up & work the post xmas period

Advertisement