Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XGC 14th NOV [sf4]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I'll be there. Should be in round 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'll be heading in shortly. Want to get some food in first.

Will we have some Tekken Vs Street Fighter 5v5s in both games to see who the better fighting game players are?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I think bans needed to be handed out for all this COD talk.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jim wrote: »
    I think bans needed to be handed out for all this COD talk.

That'd be one awesome helpdesk thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Gonna be a tad late myself. Woke up feeling notsogood. And its not even alcohol related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

too tired

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

ggs all, I really need to get my stick working on Xbox so I don't have to borrow other peoples sticks whenever I want to play SF4.
    or we could switch to PS3:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Foamy, birthday or not, as far as we know you didn't pay. That's just not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Yeah GGs all the dudes I played today. Good **** meeting some of the lads in person and what not. and big thanks to darktalant :)

ggs to everyone I played. Dreddy's Gief was unbeatable as usual for me :) but I'm pretty pleased with my usage of Gouki and Gouken. I need to master the demon flip though but its a bit tricky with the pad so thats some more encouragement to make a stick. Fair play to animaX, he may be using Sagat but he's still pretty nasty so had some really tight matches with him.

It was good to see everyone again.
    Big thanks for you lads being cool about the financial side of things.

Quite disappointed that some people went off without paying their share. Just a little note to those who left early without coming up to me about the split but paid for the rental of the console they had deposits on. I don't really know some people would do that as they would end up paying more in the end as there were originally 6 machines (split was done over 4 because 2 people paid for the rental of 2 of the PS3s that they had deposits on)

The idea was that get your deposit back, come back up to me to see about the split and then it would be sorted.

I vote for the maths man to take up my roll next time as I'd say he'd be somewhat quicker with the calculations :)

I hope you lads can make it to the DragonSlayers Ranbat as it would be interesting to get back into the competitive atmosphere ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yeah, good games everyone! Nice to see some new faces (Ramza) and some returning ones (leprekaun). Looking forward to using my new stick next time.

Also, apologies to leprekaun for beating him in tekken by button mashing :P

I'm hoping to have my own stick by then. Yes yes, I have seen the light :D

@animaX: Thats alright. I'm used to being the only guy who makes the effort to learn the game then get my ass whooped by button mashers (i.e.: My bro in T6 was like that until I persuaded him to learn a character which he did and now we're balanced :D) so I saw you used Baek so practice with him for next time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Yo im sorry for not paying, Next meet ill pay who ever rented out 5 was it? my bad again, I got a phone call while I was outside, It was tad to important so i couldnt wait around! Im sorry again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Cheers Lep, had fun in those games against you.

Seriously lads at this stage there's no excuse for forgetting to pay or whatever - it screws over the people who rent the consoles and is just generally not on.

I think what I should've done was to settle the split mid way so that everyone has plenty of time to settle things with the moneyman (excuse the cheese but I can't really think of anything else to call it :D) I found out later on the bus that I paid the difference. It's been a while since I've been down so it was good to see everyone and I enjoyed the games. So nevermind, it isn't as if I paid a substantial amount more so I'm not too bothered by it but the idea is just the principal.

animaX wrote: »
    Yeah, good games everyone! Nice to see some new faces (Ramza)

Was great to finally go. I'm coming up every second week now. Should be good, as I said great to get some offline exp/play and hang with ye lads.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Ramza wrote: »
    Was great to finally go. I'm coming up every second week now. Should be good, as I said great to get some offline exp/play and hang with ye lads.

I wanna see a 3rdStrike-off between you and placebo (if he isn't too chicken to show up:pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

animaX wrote: »
    I wanna see a 3rdStrike-off between you and placebo (if he isn't too chicken to show up:pac:)

its on
    i had to do a few things, ive been spending all my sats there,
    i needed a day off as some of full timers only get 2 days off a week [even though sunday evening doesnt count, cause ure thinking of work]

Placebo wrote: »
    its on

:D

3rd strike OGs face off xD

Should be good

Advertisement