Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

withdraw cash in NI on saturday

Options
  • 12-11-2009 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

I am planning a trip to cookstown, tyrone on saturday and may need some cash.
    Will it be possible to withdraw upto £1000 in sterling? I have an AIB current
    account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

I think AIB only allows EUR600 per day. Abroad it's probably calculated according to the current exchange rate but I doubt it will be allowed to withdraw more abroad.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You won't be able to get that from an ATM, call into your local branch on Friday and you should be able to get it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

thsnkd, but i', not sure whether i will need it or not so would rather
    wait until the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

There's an ATM in Dublin Airport, departures area, which gives out Sterling, Euro and Dollars, maybe get some the day before?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,085 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sweetie wrote: »
    I am planning a trip to cookstown, tyrone on saturday and may need some cash.
    Will it be possible to withdraw upto £1000 in sterling? I have an AIB current
    account.
    I think its about €450 max you can withdraw.

You could either buy some sterling in advance in your local bank and then use your bank card to withdraw additional sterling if required. Or if you have a couple of accounts with different banks then you could withdraw from both.

The only other option is to use your lazer or credit card. If you have a credit card use it to pay for goods as opposed to withdrawing cash from an ATM as you will be charged interest on a daily basis for all cash withdrawals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement