Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1996 corsa 4 speed?

• 12-11-2009 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I went to look at a corsa that was on carzone but its not there any more. Seems great except that it only has 4 gears even though the gearstick shows it as having 5. The guy selling the car is a mechanic and he says they must have just changed the stick on it at some stage but i cant find anything online about 1996 corsas (except the automatic ones) having 4 speed gearboxes?
    Does anyone know if these exist or is this guy selling me a broken gearbox. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved this to a new thread, you should get a better response here.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AndyWhite

Moved this to a new thread, you should get a better response here.

Ah, i was wondering where it disappeared to. thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It wouldn't surprise me if it was 4-speed but honest johns car by car breakdown might give you the info you need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Get the car's chassis number and give an Opel dealer a ring. They should have that info on computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭eyesofvenus

My first car was a 1996 corsa swing 1.2L
    I can confirm that it had 5 working gears, my friend also had a 1999 corsa 1L and that had 5 gears.
    The one you're looking at was a bit of a lemon i think...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

AndyWhite wrote: »
    I went to look at a corsa that was on carzone but its not there any more. Seems great except that it only has 4 gears even though the gearstick shows it as having 5. The guy selling the car is a mechanic and he says they must have just changed the stick on it at some stage but i cant find anything online about 1996 corsas (except the automatic ones) having 4 speed gearboxes?
    Does anyone know if these exist or is this guy selling me a broken gearbox. Thanks!
    I've seen evidence for both cases, so quite hard to say... I'd suggest joining a dedicated forum like http://forums.corsa-b.co.uk/ and ask them, since they'd know all about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd vote for broken gearbox... which gear on the pattern indicator on the stick "isn't there"?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭oregano

I have a 97 corsa 1.2 City model for sale which def has 5 gears. The chassis starts WOLOOOO73V so that might help re the 4 gear car

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AndyWhite

Thanks for all the replies! Its 5th gear that its not going into. Judging by everything ive been told so far, on and off this, I think I should give this one a miss and keep lookin for different cars.

Advertisement