Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway city: I'm in need of a project

• 12-11-2009 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

Has anyone suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Well, you could have been a little more vague :rolleyes:

What rocks your boat then? Architecture? Water and boats? People? Street? Textures? Reflections? Nightlife? I could go on.

How about a completely random theme like "Footsteps" or "Jumpers" or "A stranger a day" or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I'm used to working with people these days, but I had something along the lines of 'early-morning forest' in mind. Yeah, vague.

How about incorporating Lough Corrib then? There's some beautiful scenery and lovely villages if you drive in the country roads

I'd need a car, and a license for that matter. :D I was thinking closer to home, maybe somewhere up around Dangan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

NUI, Galway?

• Advertisement

Nope.

So, no car, no license... any trees in the garden? :D

Have you got a bike? And how far can you realistically travel?

I have half an eye on going to Renville tomorrow:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84193152@N00/400938800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Expect a large flow in the river tomorrow, that might be an idea starter....

After my test shot up at the Salmon Weir last week I really want to get back (just around the corner!) when I find the head for my tripod and do it right! If there's fisheries people around I hope to get their ok to go out onto the middle of the weir and get a shot over to the cathedral and bridge with the stream of water powering from beneath! It looks good in my head anyway!!

I've been meaning to go into the cathedral itself and get some shots too... definitely before the end of the weekend (good weather for it)!

If you want to shot people (preferably photographically), then wander around the market on Saturday morning?

Random street photos never really interested me. I definitely want to try some infrared out at Renville, and I maybe have a friend to model for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Give me a bell if you're heading out and if I can join you, I will. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,157 ✭✭✭dinneenp

How about The Docks? This set of mine has a few from there.

Nice choice and differnet things- boats, water, birds, ropes, colours etc.

otherwise why not go to a rubgy game and get the action, crowd etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

Guys

If you didn't mind an extra person, I'd be interested in tagging along. All of a sudden due to a cancellation my weekend is free. I have a car and wouldn't mind driving (Connemara - wherever).

If you dont want anyone else along, no worries just ignore. Otherwise pm me.

Sunday: I want to stay close to home still, but I'm definitely thinking of wet/bad weather forest photography in and around Renville near Oranmore. We could set up a time and place...

sure, im no big fan of the rain tho I have to admit. Mind you I have never tried it either so...
    Should I be worried about my camera getting soaked?

Yeah. I'm planning long exposures (20-30 seconds) in infrared for some very striking black and white images.

A Galway boards meet sounds great... but I'm in pre-exams mode here so won't be roaming around forests with the camera for a few weeks yet!

Fenster wrote: »
    Yeah. I'm planning long exposures (20-30 seconds) in infrared for some very striking black and white images.

Lads, that **** sounds amazing, how would you feel about a relative beginner tagging along though. All I have atm is a 17-85mm kit lens but I'd live to watch what your describing

We have a tentative meeting on the books for December/January.

dnme wrote: »
    Lads, that **** sounds amazing, how would you feel about a relative beginner tagging along though. All I have atm is a 17-85mm kit lens but I'd live to watch what your describing

You're welcome to. Say...have a car? :D

• Advertisement

Fenster what's your UV setup? Do you need to modify your camera?

Vanilla 30D, 28mm f/2.8 on front and a Hoya R72 IR filter on top of that for the effect.

Yea lads have car - will travel.
    I'm happy to pick up / drop off i and around Galway and drive out to wherever. If this is a goer, let me know and I'll pm my mobile.

Seriously tho, I dont want to annoy anyone either so if you'd rather not have a novice along, just say the word - its fine.

Ah it's grand. If you ask some here, they'd tell you I still am a novice.

Sounds good guys.

Mark - what time are you thinking about??

I'd have said early, but I'm still fighting jetlag and sleeping half the day. Dawn's at 8am? How about 9:30-10:00am?

Mike, Kieran and I will be at Renville near Oranmore from about 10am tomorrow morning. If anyone else wants in, my number is: 086 198 1097

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

D*mn - would have liked to join this one! Renville's only up the road...

Ah well, maybe next time! :D

Cheers to Mike and Kieran, photos to follow in a few minutes! :D

• Advertisement

Great craic this morning, nice to meet ye lads and thanks so much for the help and patience.

dnme wrote: »
    Great craic this morning, nice to meet ye lads and thanks so much for the help and patience.

Absolute pleasure!! :D

Photos to follow in a few *minutes* where? Here?

Other thread.

I'll be at the Galway camera club tonight from 8, wooing the masses.

Hi,

I couldn't find yer photos from yer trip last weekend; can you give me the link please?
    Cheers,
    Patrick.

• Advertisement

Advertisement