Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FightingGamesIreland...

Options
  • 12-11-2009 8:56pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I registered the above youtube account.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FightingGamesIreland

There's a discussion about having a central youtube channel for all our videos to link to.

Might work, might not, let's discuss it in it's own thread anyways.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

good call, newbies will be able to find it easily, best tag videos with ireland/dublin as well

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Is there a way to put videos from our own channels into playlists?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sounds like a good idea to me.

If I favourite existing videos I can add them to a playlist in this account.

'NamRam added. *Goes to have a nosey through replay matches thread*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I subbed and added as friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Okay so whats the craic then do you agree with the idea of sharing the log in with those of us who'll be recording vids to upload to it. Or are you just talking about us still all uploading to our own accounts and just faving vids with that. Cause when I suggested it I was suggesting it as a shared account between a select few here.

And do we want one for casuals and one for tournaments?

I'd say Doom sets a password and anyone who wants it PMs him so he has track of who has access - would be a good idea also to keep to a naming convention for videos uploaded from now on too. Say:

Player X (RY) vs Player Y (BI) Tournament Name or Date

?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yeah, although for my casuals , I try to upload them as one long vid with in the 11 min limit. But for those Player X (p1) V Player Y (p2) should be fine (assuming theres character changing during the 11min)

Obviously if I've recorded tourney matches and am uploading them I'll keep it to one upload per fight and have it as said format, but I doubt I'll be the one recording tourneys.

Although if people lack a camera man I've np bringing mine sometime if needed. We could also get fancy and have one recording the game and one the crowd, I'm into my editing so I could easy cut the two and make some fancy tourney vids but thats a conversation/thread for another day.

I think it's fine having a ten minute video encompassing multiple sets, even if there's character changes just put

bush (CH, BL, RU) vs Azza (BI)

or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You forget that SFIV sets tend to last 8-9 mins! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Websites tend to be easy to make these days as you can have numerous of pages and the coding to host a youtube video on them, Im sure there is a free website builder out there that would be ideal for videos/pictures/news etc

I've made a couple of websites before for the laugh, I could possibly make oone for hosting pictures n news videos etc.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I'm guessing this is strictly for tournaments then?

Had about 100 SF4 vids up at one point though I tend to spring clean them now and then to get rid of some of the real old / bad ones.

Not saying I think I or my channel are fantastic but there's a lot of demand for SF4 videos and one of the few reasons I purposely sat on my ass with Player Req mode on two days ago was because people where asking if I had 'quit SF4' // 'Where are all the new movies?'

You could also consider something like the SF4 Dojo - See if we can create a very basic Irish Website and have people select matchups they want to see - When they click to go to that page, they are greeted with Irish movies embedded on that page for the matchups they wanted, or the tournament they wanted to see.

People also suggested I make playlists, which I did, but there's very limited control over what order you can play them in and it requires an annoying amount of maintenance. Not saying a website or blog WOULDN'T, but it'd be easier to manage and allow a lot more people to pitch in to the work.

Other ways of doing something like that, really. Confining it to YouTube somewhat limits it's capabilities, though it doesn't hurt, either.

EDIT:
    I created a Blog for the sake of it, recently, but seeing as I can't fathom anyone bothering to read the crap I get up to I was half tempted to convert it to above idea so that subscribers to my channel can select between what movies they want to see, such as a page dedicated to RE4 Movies, one for SF4 movies, one for WoW Movies etc etc

I see no reason to limit it to tournaments, although I would think seperating tournaments from casuals would be a good idea- casual games mush together unless you're looking for something (specific matchups, etc) and this is coming from someone who's uploaded 30 himself :)

I don't have the mad skillz currently to make a website, so if someone wants to man up, cool.

Personally I don't see why we couldn't mould it into a Blog format as opposed to an actual website - Either is good, though.

I could probably whip together some artwork for it - Failing that I've a gazillion movies though I'll probably be restricted to using purely Irish based, of which I've quite a few (Azza, Red, Leim et al).

Don't blogs have limitations on how you access their content? Via tags?

Last time I wrote a webpage I had to hard code the HTML in hotdog :D

No idea, really. They're just easier to edit and maintain overall - Not aware of any restrictions with them but I'm no professional Blogger nor Web Designer.

If I was to make one myself I'd design a Flash Webpage in SwIsH but the problem lies in embedding videos, not entirely sure how to do it with the program or if it's even capable.

I'm sure we'll suss out some way - It would be more efficient than a YouTube channel but there's also no harm in having said YouTube channel to categorize all the movies into it.

Sure we'll need the youtube channel regardless anyway unless someone's got a load of money to throw away on bandwidth, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Maybe lanparty.ie or esports.ie would host a subcategory blog for us and give us access. Don't know why they wouldn't want it would drive a fair bit of traffic to their sites ;)

I'd do it but I'm right at my limit atm with my bandwidth allowance. My hosting company has to take the site down at least once a month now due to traffic spikes (damn you social media and your randomness)

Wordpress is fairly simple to manage via the CMS. I'd be up for helping to maintain it as an editor.

Although, a setup like http://streetfighterdojo.com/ would be sweet. But only with Irish players.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Maybe lanparty.ie or esports.ie would host a subcategory blog for us and give us access. Don't know why they wouldn't want it would drive a fair bit of traffic to their sites ;)

I'd do it but I'm right at my limit atm with my bandwidth allowance. My hosting company has to take the site down at least once a month now due to traffic spikes (damn you social media and your randomness)

Wordpress is fairly simple to manage via the CMS. I'd be up for helping to maintain it as an editor.

Although, a setup like http://streetfighterdojo.com/ would be sweet. But only with Irish players.

I could send a quick mail to kinetic/sabre and see what they say.

How much are we talking for a years hosting, leim?

Between you and me, DDoom; Getting something like an Irish version of SF4Dojo up and running would really compliment any future plans for potential Online League/Cup events in the future (if any).

Would really get some juices flowing and might be a nice direction to head for whilst we wait for SSF4.

Should probably churn out the idea in the GamesMod Forum or something to that effect.

Agreed although I'm leaving this here too cos 87 heads are better than 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Good stuff doom! I've subscribed

I don't see any reason for anything more than the youtube page/possible page on esports.ie or whatever at the moment. Also I think uploading online fights sure as yours Ropedrink is better left to your channel personally, and the fighting games ireland thing should be more focused towards the live events etc.

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I don't see any reason for anything more than the youtube page/possible page on esports.ie or whatever at the moment. Also I think uploading online fights sure as yours Ropedrink is better left to your channel personally, and the fighting games ireland thing should be more focused towards the live events etc.

I kinda agree. I've only been attaching tournament fights to it so far. I do think swamping it with endless matches with no "point" would defeat the purpose unless we did have some kind of DB thing going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Why not just post on Neo empire?
    If you were setting up a website there'd only be a point in it If the (majority) of the forum activity was moved there also.

Why not just post on Neo empire?
    If you were setting up a website there'd only be a point in it If the (majority) of the forum activity was moved there also.

Because all we want is a central point of access for videos?

Nothing wrong with the forum the way it is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I have little to no reason of following Ireland movies as I don't make a point of (or have any desire in) seeing any of the fights for any reason other than they are Irish.

My point of view would be completely the opposite. The ONLY reason I'd subscribe to any channel would be if it featured Irish fighters and tournies.

As I'd know and or have fought a lot of the top players it makes it far, far more interesting to me personally, and I'd imagine to a lot of other posters on this forum would be of a similar opinion.

Realistically I'm never going to fight or beat Jwong or Diago, and there's a million videos out there of them already.
    But I there's every chance I'll come up against a top Irish player in a tourney, and thats why I'd watch videos of them tbh rather then some other randomer no matter how good they may be.

Being part of something makes it so infinitely more interesting to watch.

Well it's down to you guys, I'm just speaking from my own preference and opinion.

I don't watch or follow any tournaments, I follow fighters. I have little to no reason of following Ireland movies as I don't make a point of (or have any desire in) seeing any of the fights for any reason other than they are Irish.

I just figured it'd have been nice for there to include a branch leading off onto pages or segments dedicated to people rather than just tournaments, even if those pages do exclude those who don't take part in said events, such as myself.

Again, just my preference and opinion. Down to you folks, I'll quietly step back into the shadows and bid this W.I.P good luck as it'd be nice either way.

There's no actual right or wrong. My initial idea was to have 2 youtube channels. Alot of people just want to see tournaments. So two channels or of course if we go down the website route of course the vids could be arranged in many different ways.

So you can have one youtube channel which arranges by fighters and another which arranges by tournaments (which I've already started).

How is the SF4 dojo list any different than just typing the person's nickname into youtube to find their fights?

Also, there's already a thread on here that's specifically for this purpose - I really don't see any reason to have anything more complicated than that, but it doesn't hurt anybody so if you think you'd have fun doing it, go crazy.

And honestly if someone wants to watch your (for example) fights, or The Witch's, why is this necessary rather than just subscribing to your channel which they can easily find via the irish game game replays thread?

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    How is the SF4 dojo list any different than just typing the person's nickname into youtube to find their fights?

Also, there's already a thread on here that's specifically for this purpose - I really don't see any reason to have anything more complicated than that, but it doesn't hurt anybody so if you think you'd have fun doing it, go crazy.

And honestly if someone wants to watch your (for example) fights, or The Witch's, why is this necessary rather than just subscribing to your channel which they can easily find via the irish game game replays thread?

The same difference between organising all your music into folders yourself and looking when you want to find something or using iTunes.

(On a mac, that's a bad example for a windows machine :D)

The channel above is just going to have tournaments. I'd love to do an SF4DB/ Dojo job for all fights too. In the meantime nothing to stop us creating another channel for casuals, and if people don't want to use it there's nothing to stop them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

As said, thats pretty much the only reason I'd look/watch - My point was referencing the chance of branching past that and giving a little bit more.

General terms or is that comment aimed at me?
    EDIT: I did say it would be about the participants, not so much externals - At least thats how I re-stated it later on.

General terms;)

And I agree with a lot of your post.

Advertisement