Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Racist !!!

• 12-11-2009 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

How racist are you ? For the last few years I've been of the opinion that everybody is the world is racist- but it is a matter of degree of how much- some more than others obviously. Of course the PC world we live in dictates that we cannot express our feelings in public but there are underlying truths to everything.

Anyway have a go at the Harvard Race Test to find out how racist you are. Click here and then scroll down to 'Race IAT'.
    https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/takeatest.html

Here is my result:-
    Your Result
    Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

Takes about 10 minutes, give it a go !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

...of course there are no Maoris on Craggy Island.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Im sorry, but what the fuck is a European American? Its like saying, my favourite colour is green brown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Eskimo bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭furiousox

Yup we all have some degree of racism in us, from mild to moderate to extreme, most would never admit it though, not even to themselves.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

antodeco wrote: »
    Im sorry, but what the fuck is a European American? Its like saying, my favourite colour is green brown

Its the yanks politically correct bullshít, Italian american, Irish american, and the other side of the coin would be African american

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

european american = americans with european origin ie. white.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for African American compared to European American.

See sig!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between European American and African American.
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

im not racist but..... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

RATM wrote: »
    How racist are you ? For the last few years I've been of the opinion that everybody is the world is racist- but it is a matter of degree of how much- some more than others obviously. Of course the PC world we live in dictates that we cannot express our feelings in public but there are underlying truths to everything.

Anyway have a go at the Harvard Race Test to find out how racist you are. Click here and then scroll down to 'Race IAT'.
    https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/takeatest.html

Here is my result:-
    Your Result
    Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

Takes about 10 minutes, give it a go !

Thanks for the link.
    I'll stick with using my own mind to navigate my potential prejudices, though.
    If you're happy with indulging your innate bigotry then at least have the courage of your convictions; no need to for convoluted explanations or excuses.
    Congratulations on your result, by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

GAAman wrote: »
    Its the yanks politically correct bullshít, Italian american, Irish american, and the other side of the coin would be African american

How the hell is African-american the other side of the coin?
    It's the exact same thing; a label by which a group of people choose to define themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between European American and African American.

Thats stupid. Its basically common knowledge of following the instructions and this will be the automatic answer. Cunts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Your Result

everyone overreacts to anything in america ayway....like that guy on tubirdy last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Its geared towards maximum confusion when the black and good words are due to go together! Hence were all racist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Your Result
    Your data suggest you dig black chicks.

I don't think this is a proper scientific test at all! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

ascanbe wrote: »
    How the hell is African-american the other side of the coin?
    It's the exact same thing; a label by which a group of people choose to define themselves.

Been a long time since Mr Sexton and his Geography class, but i seem to recall Africa NOT being a part of europe............now maybe i am wrong but would that not be the other side of the coin when one side is EUROPEAN AMERICAN no??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Feckin' Greeks! They invented gayness!

Advertisement