Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secure watch HKC alarm system-help!

Options
  • 12-11-2009 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Ive seen a few posts about this in other threads but I didnt find quite what I was looking for...
    Basically,im a college student living in a rented house.A few week's ago,a rather dim witted mate of mine came over..as he left he thought it be funny to pull a panic button and shout "yeoooow" as.It wasnt.The alarm rang for 20 minutes at a ridiculously loud level...
    The alarm has not been in use for a longish period of time...At the moment,there is still a blue strobe light-style flashing light outside my front door from the system,which comes alongside a faint whining sound.
    Im sure this is annoying my neighbours and I REALLY need to get it sorted.
    A friend told me to key in 0#7 and then the code but then it simply displays "access denied".It also seems to be seeking a 6 didgit code.I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

igetalong wrote: »
    Ive seen a few posts about this in other threads but I didnt find quite what I was looking for...
    Basically,im a college student living in a rented house.A few week's ago,a rather dim witted mate of mine came over..as he left he thought it be funny to pull a panic button and shout "yeoooow" as.It wasnt.The alarm rang for 20 minutes at a ridiculously loud level...
    The alarm has not been in use for a longish period of time...At the moment,there is still a blue strobe light-style flashing light outside my front door from the system,which comes alongside a faint whining sound.
    Im sure this is annoying my neighbours and I REALLY need to get it sorted.
    A friend told me to key in 0#7 and then the code but then it simply displays "access denied".It also seems to be seeking a 6 didgit code.I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions!

not been funny but have you reset the panic button by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 igetalong

Um..I dont think so?To be honest,im a total moron with this sort of thing.
    With regards the panic button that triggered the whole thing,thats been reset ie popped back up.Is that what you meant?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

With regards the panic button that triggered the whole thing,thats been reset ie popped back up.Is that what you meant?

Yes, that is what he meant.. You need the code to turn the alarm off, the alarm is still in alarm mode until your user code is entered. Have you got this code ?

0#7 is partset on the alarm for night time setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

as alter said you gonna have to reset it with the current alarm code!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 igetalong

Thanks..yeah,I tried doing that but it seems to be only accepting a 6 digit code?The current one is a 4 digit one!I also tried using 0#7,followed by the code but it refused to allow me access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks..yeah,I tried doing that but it seems to be only accepting a 6 digit code?The current one is a 4 digit one!I also tried using 0#7,followed by the code but it refused to allow me access.

You must be using the wrong code igetalong, If you enter the right one it should disarm the system. If you cant take it out of alarm mode you may need the system reset to change the code..

0#7 is a part set for night time when in the house, if your alarm is in alarm mode you wont have access to the alarm except if you turn it off by entering the code..

Advertisement