Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Displaying a weather station feed on a website

Options
  • 12-11-2009 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    I'm in the process of creating a multimedia website as part of a college project. I am creating the site as a resource for kitesurfers that will hopefully provide them with specific beach information. There are two essentials for kietsurfing; wind and water.
    For the website to be effective i need to be able to display weather information, specifically wind direction and strength.

Would anyone on this forum be able to guide me to a tutorial or document that would show me how to take raw data from a weather station and display it on my site.
    I have a technical background with some coding experience so i wont be fazed by a technical answer or guide.

As a kitesurfer myself i would regularly check island bawn in Howth to see if the actual conditions matched the forecast for burrow beach in sutton. What i am trying to provide is definitive beach guide which will let a kitesurfer know if the wind conditions are suitable for the beach.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Eamonn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

What weather station have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yammo00

I don't have my own weather station, i should have clarified that in the post,Basically i'm looking to take the data from and existing station and display it. Is this possible?
    Thanks
    Eamonn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Are you looking for something like what is on the IWN homepage? www.irelandsweather.com = some browsers require you to scroll well down the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yammo00

Danno once again thanks for the reply.
    Yes this is exactly what i am looking for either the mouse over on the google map or the text info StationTemp
    (°C)Dew
    (°C)RH
    (%)Wind
    (km/h)Gust
    (km/h)Rain
    (mm)Pressure
    (mb)UpdatedAnnamoe 2.gif9.5 temp_steady.gif5.1749SSW.png210.3998.8fallings.gif13:59
    Is it possible to get this info?
    Thanks
    Eamonn

Advertisement