Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno Ranbat 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Most other sports are seeded; it's not our fault you soccer fans haven't got with the program yet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Lads, starts at 1pm correct? That hasn't changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Lads, starts at 1pm correct? That hasn't changed?

Is there a reason it would have? Presume it's still 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Is anyone planning on heading in earlier for a few casuals beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Red350 wrote: »
    Is anyone planning on heading in earlier for a few casuals beforehand?

I'll be there from about twelve I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Yeah I'm planning to head in for 12ish as well, always good to get a few casuals in first before the tourney.

(Ken B and my brother will be there too.)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Ill be there around half 12'ish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Good stuff, I'll try and make it in for 12 myself so.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

I'll be there pretty early as well. I'll probably go in around 12 since that's when you all intend on arriving.

Placebo wrote: »
    i hope conor or terry wins, cause they noice boyz, unlike the rest of you boatsin pricks ;)

I thought you had class Farz, but you let yourself down both not turning up, and crucially siding with the top tier scum. Tut tut.

Tut tut.

• Advertisement

Should be there, no camera as I've run out of free DV tapes & can't find my wallet >_<

ayjayirl wrote: »
    In light of how Fifa are a crooked bunch of w****rs, can I ask why the draw is seeded. That only really serves to protect the 'better players'.

Just a thought.... I am sure it has some merits

Just to point out, seeding as FIFA introduced in the play offs protected the better teams, as it was a 2 tiered system - A higher tier team were matched with a lower tier team. In a one vs one system, (This is what the play offs were,) of course this favours the better team,(or players as you put it.)

In a group system where you have only one seeded team, the odds are that the unseeded teams (As in most group games,) have better chance statistically of progressing.

The recent play offs should be disregarded as they were a 1v1 situation and you're right FIFA changed the rules to suit the comp. There not comparable with tomorrows tourney though as the initial stages are group.

Plus, FIFA used the initial seedings twice, even though everyone who were in the playoffs finished second in their groups after already being issued a seeding for the opening group stage.

We seed the double elim based on group rankings.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

There's too many physical sports being mentioned here for my liking!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

See you all soon. :)

So pumped...A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

think everyone was there, even i came.
    great HYPE

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Indeed. Great turnout. Had great fun. Was playing well, close matches all the way through, had my fair share of victories.........and then I hit Cobelcog in the losers semi's :D. He got me in the corner with his cammy and just wouldn't let me out. :p Destroyed poor Sim. Gonna have to go get some tactics for cammy for next time.

Great day anyway.

Thanks to everyone who was kind enough to give me casuals after I got beasted in the opening bracket :)

Not like I would've stood a chance in the latter stages -- you Top 16 guys are a league above me. Great fun to watch though! :D

Kirby wrote: »
    Indeed. Great turnout. Had great fun. Was playing well, close matches all the way through, had my fair share of victories.........and then I hit Cobelcog in the losers semi's :D. He got me in the corner with his cammy and just wouldn't let me out. :p Destroyed poor Sim. Gonna have to go get some tactics for cammy for next time.

Great day anyway.

We set up a 5v5 and had the teams sorted and then we copped on that you'd gone home!

• Advertisement

Also, Team North > Team South so far (5:3).

Now if only Team Taunt had gotten their chance to shine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Great tournament today. Fair play to mike, he was rock solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

ya, ggs to everyone there, got an unlukly draw against kirby in the first round of the double elim and got annihilated *, really need to figure out something to deal with 'sim.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Okay here is a rundown of the event.

30 attendees split in 7 groups.

5 Groups with 4 players the top 2 advancing to the second round.
    2 Groups with 5 players with the top 3 advancing to the second round.

Top 16
    1st Mike Guilfoyle "Newtype" (Ryu) Cash Prize €180
    2nd Chris McEntee "Cobelcog" (Cammy) Cash Prize €90
    3rd Diarmuid Busher "Bush" (Blanka, Chun-Li) Cash Prize €30
    4th Damien Hunter "Kirby" (Dhalsim)
    5th Jeff Yorke "Azza" (Dictator)
    5th James Vincent "Blag" (Dictator)
    7th Paul "Dark Onion" (E-Honda)
    7th Brain Quigly "Dr Doom" (Guile)

Joint 9th
    Dave Fitz "B-Trak"
    Richard Glenon "Foamymushroom"
    Chris Ly "Roogle"
    Ciaran Lyons " Dreddybajs"

Joint 13th
    Barry W "Jim"
    Ewan Dalby "Dark Talant"
    Ken Brennan "Ken B"
    "Mr Mr Bungles"

North Vs South 5v5 Team Battle
    Ciaran Lyons "Dreddybajs" defeats John Lundy "Liquidswords"
    Ciaran Lyons "Dreddybajs" looses to James Vincent "Blag"
    Diarmuid Busher "Bush" defeats James Vincent "Blag"
    Diarmuid Busher "Bush" looses to Chris Ly "Roogle"
    Jeff Yorke "Azza" looses to Chris Ly "Roogle"
    Ewan Dalby "Dark Talant" looses to Chris Ly "Roogle"
    Ken Brennan "Ken B" defeats Chris Ly "Roogle"
    Ken Brennan "Ken B" looses to Chris McEntee "Cobelcog"

North wins 5 victories to 3.

Seedings preliminary updated to the following.
    1. Mike Guilfoyle "Newtype"
    2. Chris McEntee "Cobelcog"
    3. Diarmuid Busher "Bush"
    4. James Vincent "Blag"
    5. Jeff Yorke "Azza"
    6. Damien Hunter "Kirby"
    7. Chris Ly "Roogle"
    8. Brain Quigly "Dr Doom"

Tier 2 Seeds
    FoamyMushroom
    A-Trak
    The Witch
    V-Deck
    Sagat06
    Dark Onion
    Jim
    Dark Talent

Some Brief comments, I again want to apologize to the 5 players I made go through a needless non existent third place play off. So to the two Lundy brothers, Siko, A-Trak and Animax sorry for that cock up.
    Also apology's for my terrible math that had me calculate the prize pot off by a huge factor.

Thoughts on the tournaments. First up well done to Dreddybajs taking Mike down in the group stage. Your Gief is getting nastier all the time. Fair play to both players who beat me Bush and Cobelcog, you had me well licked today.
    I also want to endorse Blags gimmick ultra on Mike as well, nice shennigan, I do highly approve! Good sportsmanship award to Kirby for playing me on the PS3 and nice job getting 4th and taking down Blag. I had tough games with Dark Onion who was up all the way from Clare the crazy mofo, so he filled in the insane distance travel post normally filled by Leprekaun.
    Of course congrats to Mike on a strong victory with a life to spare, seemed happy to be back on top afterwards.

I felt ill putting Doom into the top 8 seeds but fair play to him for pla....oh who am I kidding, go home up river and catch rabbies you brush head loving communist!

Cheers Azza, means a lot coming from yourself. Must get some gfwl games in soon. Echo everything you said and congrats to Mike, Cobelcog, and bush - any of you could've easily taken it imo.

Awesome day for me. :)

Lost to Mike but I don't think he'll forget about me in a hurry. :)

Broke my tournament duck against Dreddy. Seriously hard fought match as always though.

Helped raise 1,200 euro for the kids and got to play along with all the comedians at the SSF charity gig night. Was DJing for a good bit too.

Oh and Azza dude... I'm going upriver in the name of ideas like peace and justice. I will not go home :)

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Cheers Azza, means a lot coming from yourself. Must get some gfwl games in soon. Echo everything you said and congrats to Mike, Cobelcog, and bush - any of you could've easily taken it imo.

Gotta say, the quality in the last couple of games was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXAxmt6QxGc

Only one we got on mr_kyle's camera, but a start!

I'm getting home around 10 tonight, will get straight to work encoding and uploading.

I have over 2 hours of footage I think, so it may be the next ranbat by the time it all gets up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You were pretty clever in splitting it all up into ten minute segments though. That will make editing for youtube alot easier ;)

Advertisement