Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno Ranbat 6

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kirby wrote: »
    You were pretty clever in splitting it all up into ten minute segments though. That will make editing for youtube alot easier ;)

You'd be amazed how much time that foresight save. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Great tournament yesterday,big thanks to Azza for keeping things running smoothly.In future events maybe someone could give you a hand ,I wouldn't mind doing it,two Dictators running it would make sense!

Doing all the draws and getting the eimination brackets in order has to affect your performance in some way as you didn't really get much chance for casuals or to watch many prospective opponents.

Well played to Kirby in our match,I probably could have turtled a bit more but despite going out it was a hell of a lot of fun.

Mike played to his usual standard and I think there needs to be some serious levelling up if anyone is to stop him next time,ridiculously good player.Have to mention Cobelcog too,did brilliantly to take second and a definate contender for future events.

It was nice to play some new players too like Dark Onion,put in some effort in just getting there alone but put in some solid performances and did well,look forward to some more matches in future.

Edit:Also wanted to just say good games to everyone else I played,Ken B,Dreddy(man,that Gief is scary now),Bush,A Trak,AJ and anyone I'm forgetting!

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Blag wrote:
    Doing all the draws and getting the eimination brackets in order has to affect your performance in some way as you didn't really get much chance for casuals or to watch many prospective opponents.

Can't believe I had not thought of this excuse before reading that! :D

Also someone left a copy of Street Fighter 4 for the Xbox 360 behind, I could of left it in the venue but I feared it was someone from up north or outside of Dublin and they would not have got it back for ages. Its a collectors edition copy with Chun-Li on the box as opposed to the standard Ryu and Ken cover. Its got a bonus disc in it as well. Whoever it is let us know and I'll post it on to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Really good day, turnout was very very strong. Great to see the scene getting better and better.

Wasn't a great day for me, played really really poorly but was lucky to get out of my group due to it being the 5 man group and me winning on rounds. Felt like crap the whole day as well, just wanted to go to bed. I'll go easy on the whiskey the night before from now on...:pac: I only took a couple of pics due to me feeling ****, but I'll post them up later today.

Btw, am I Roger W "Jim", or is there another Jim? :)

Sorry Jim, its Barry isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

ggs to all, was very well run compared to the last ranbat we came down to and we finally managed to get the 5v5 going and even if it wasn't your ideal team, was still a lot of good craic. Learnt a lot today and gonna keep leveling up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Jim wrote: »
    Btw, am I Roger W "Jim", or is there another Jim? :)

:pac:

Azza wrote: »

Prefer Roger, tbh. :)

Azza wrote: »
    Barry W as you knew from memory yesterday!

Prefer Roger, tbh. :)
    I really don't need another name attached to me tyvm.

• Advertisement

I really don't need another name attached to me tyvm.

Tell Emmet that.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Really good fun yesterday, even if I did let myself down a little. I just wasn't able to close any deals and lost several games that I was well ahead in....if I sort this out I could be a contender.
    And by avoiding Coblecog of course......!!

GGs to everyone I fought against.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

It was a great day yesterday; well organised once everyone arrived and a lot of fun. I'm very pleased with the progress I made during the tournament. Congratulations to Mike who stayed consistent throughout and was able to annhilate me in the finals. Fair play to Roogle during the 5v5 as well. GGs to everyone I played in the tournament/had some casual sets with, there were some really good matches in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I sucked. Thanks all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Good day, good day...

Had a pretty close match with Ken B and his Dirty Vega.... -.- hah

Ps; Ima taking a long and prob not deserved break from SFIV, So I wont be at any up coming casual's and Tourneys Etc..etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Great stuff, although I'm disapointed with myself and my performance.

I really don't like the one match elimination thingy, thought it was best out of 3.

Got some nice casual's in against people I don't get to play normally and to have a shot of using different fightsticks was cool now that I'm learning stick.

Was really cool playing that fei long player from NI ,(I forget his name :o)

Anyways I need a lot of leveling up.
    Ps; Ima taking a long and prob not deserved break from SFIV, So I wont be at any up coming casual's and Tourneys Etc..etc..

awwww, still yet to play you, thought you were getting the pc version also!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Good day, good day...

Had a pretty close match with Ken B and his Dirty Vega.... -.- hah

Boooo :mad:. We are going to lose our resident Akuma expert. Boourns I say. Boourns! Right then Kiki. Get in the lab and learn all those demony things that he does. :p

Me thinks you will be back though. Some random tourney will be streamed online and the itch to play will overtake you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Also want to say that as usual the lads from the north were absolute gents, and class quality play from all of them as usual. GG WP!

edit: Cunny, the double elimination is best of 3, do you mean the group stages?

Cunny-Funt wrote:
    I really don't like the one match elimination thingy, thought it was best out of 3.

I don't know why you thought that it on the first page under format as the group stages being single set with double elimination being best of 3 sets.

This is done for time reasons.

I will be doing a survey shortly about future events and we can look at changing the format and pricing structure. So you can post up your thoughts there.

edit: nm

• Advertisement

Few Pics....clicky for bigger etc

Just Another Tues...Saturday

9A048DF4978B460DAE640957A729654B-800.jpg

Playstation Bouts

9DBAC653BF88447DA0295891A3BE9025-800.jpg

Coblecog V Bush - Loser's Final

374B246105AA4D92A118AA6DE6931161-800.jpg

Good Games...Coblecog is through to play Mike

704545907D414D1DBCEA69F385C01D81-800.jpg

He Wont Be Smiling For Long! - Grand Final

8F4B16CD2F454C958E16D1E6127B2653-800.jpg

As I said I only took a few photos and they were all pretty bad, but I managed to (kinda) save these ones with some photoshop trickery. Ry, your expressions are great in the photos hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I got annihilated, but I suppose that's what happens when you switch to the character who takes the most damage the day before the comp!

Will put in some solid practice this week and hopefully do slightly better in Belfast next week.

As for helping out with the organising, I'm available to do as much as possible.

That look on Bush's face when he looks at cobelcog is priceless :D

Great photo's man. Good call on the camera. It's great to have some player reactions along with the match footage.

Kirby wrote: »
    That look on Bush's face when he looks at cobelcog is priceless :D

Great photo's man. Good call on the camera. It's great to have some player reactions along with the match footage.

Yeah, Jim's got a real flair for that. I've been needled by non-fighting game forum mods over the lanparty pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

He Wont Be Smiling For Long! - Grand Final

8F4B16CD2F454C958E16D1E6127B2653-800.jpg

Ryan letting out a nasty one :P

Class photos Jim!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Great photos man!
    Even if cobelcog has a better cammy than you he'll never match your uber camera skillz!

My guess at what people were thinking at the time..........

whatweretheythinking.jpg

You could put one from azza going "tuesdaytuesdaytuesdaytuesdaytuesdaytuesdaytuesday"

• Advertisement

ROFL at the Dinosaur Impression :D

Advertisement