Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno Ranbat 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    A-Trak, can I buy that busted pad please?
    Free o' charge Kiki, (thanks for the leopard install!)
    Jim wrote: »
    I'll bring mine in. (I swear I'll remember this time >< )

Cheers Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

A-Trak wrote: »
    Lads I can't remember who has one, but if anyone has a madcatz fightpad for the Xbox could they bring it along?

My brother has busted another one and can't play on anything else.

I have a 360 and ps3 one. I'll bring em both in. The ps3 one is a bit stiff though as I don't have a ps3 so it doesn't get much use. :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Is anyone else noticing the distinct lack of easy wins in this tournament?

Should be a goody!

Yup,

Tough crowd alright. Even with the seedings there's guaranteed to be a few groups of death considering how many good players are signed up.

Yup,

Tough crowd alright. Even with the seedings there's guaranteed to be a few groups of death considering how many good players are signed up.

Yarp. There's not a single name there that won't make me work.

'cept for Farz, of course. (HYPE!!1!)

EDIT: Wait... I don't see Farz in the list. :(

• Advertisement

In all seriousness, we should bring as many cams as possible. Reckon there could be some good fights in the early rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

here il turn that tournament around, like i did at Rathfarnam rumble, bringing it back old skool ex legs style. :pac::pac:

Actually i wont stand a chance. :(
    Also i may not make it, bday tonight, may not be alive tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Are the groups still going to be posted up here today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Placebo wrote: »
    bday tonight

Happy Birthday man

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

So when is this on? Was thinking I might pop in as well to have a look see

• Advertisement

Tomorrow @ 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Oh thank christ, I thought it was 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Anyone know how many of the machines there have Seth unlocked?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Bush I'm not going do the groups till tomorrow at the event. Factoring in that I 'm not 100% sure who will be there and I want to do the draw in front of everyone so they can be sure I'm not rigging the tournament too much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'll bring my xbox HD as usual, that has Seth. Only problem is I don't think the TV hooked up to xbox 15 is great.

Azza wrote: »
    Bush I'm not going do the groups till tomorrow at the event. Factoring in that I 'm not 100% sure who will be there and I want to do the draw in front of everyone so they can be sure I'm not rigging the tournament too much :D

So just enough to give you an advantage, but not enough for an auto-win!

:p
    Jim wrote: »
    I'll bring my xbox HD as usual, that has Seth. Only problem is I don't think the TV hooked up to xbox 15 is great.

Cheers. If anyone else has memory units could they bring them please.

I'll bring my xbox card that has a Seth unlocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I think 1 console has seth unlocked doesnt it? Are you using seth chopper?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

bush wrote: »
    I think 1 console has seth unlocked doesnt it? Are you using seth chopper?
    Ssssh bush, he doesn't want to give away his secret game plan.

Yeah I've been playing around with him the last few days and having fun, so I might use him.

Purple monkey dishwasher!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Yup,

In light of how Fifa are a crooked bunch of w****rs, can I ask why the draw is seeded. That only really serves to protect the 'better players'.

Just a thought.... I am sure it has some merits

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

right i deffo cant make it, il come in to buy the garphics card off azza though
    good luck everyone

i hope conor or terry wins, cause they noice boyz, unlike the rest of you boatsin pricks ;)

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

ayjayirl wrote:
    can I ask why the draw is seeded. That only really serves to protect the 'better players'.

Emmm...thats the points of seeding. If it was left random you may get a group with the best 4-5 players in and 2-3 get knocked out straight away while some weaker players get through and get a really favorable draw and make it very far into the tournament not on skill but by luck. You could end up with weaker players getting annihilated in the later rounds which isn't very good to watch.

Seeding is designed to have the better players meet in the second round so that the tournament keeps building and building as it approaches the finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

ayjayirl wrote: »
    In light of how Fifa are a crooked bunch of w****rs, can I ask why the draw is seeded. That only really serves to protect the 'better players'.

Just a thought.... I am sure it has some merits

There was a big debate about this in another thread (or maybe even earlier in this thread).

I am not advocating it not being seeded really. The last thing I want is to be in a group with 4 ninja's at the game.

I do think that, similar to the FA cup, an unseeded tourney at some stage would be fun to see how it pans out. Lets face it, no one expect Korea or Japan to do as well as they did in the last world cup as an example. It added to the tourney.

Maybe one for the future. or even a league. I could easily start an official webpage and run a league on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Emmm...thats the points of seeding. If it was left random you may get a group with the best 4-5 players in and 2-3 get knocked out straight away while some weaker players get through and get a really favorable draw and make it very far into the tournament not on skill but by luck. You could end up with weaker players getting annihilated in the later rounds which isn't very good to watch.

Seeding is designed to have the better players meet in the second round so that the tournament keeps building and building as it approaches the finals.

Its a point of contention alright. Your point about the unseeded players possibly getting further is exactly why it would appeal.

Azza = Platini :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Inferno Ranbats however isn't exactly a spectator sport. In Evo everyone wants to see Daigo and Justin Wong doing well and playing a load of matches but I don't care if Azza, Bush, Blag etc. do well or are knocked out in the first round, no offense guys :) It also gives a Mongo player like myself a chance. The last Inferno Ranbats tournament I went to I got well and truly raped on anal proportions by 3 vastly superior players (wasn't seeded I just got unlucky), it wasn't much fun for me while at the unseeded rathfarnham rampage I managed to win a game and put up a decent fight in one of the other 2 games. I'm just throwing it out there but it may be better to keep it unseeded.

I'm not a big fan on seeding since the Ireland v France game :)

Probably not going to make it guys, it's falling between two chrimbo parties :( Enjoy!

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Its a point of contention alright. Your point about the unseeded players possibly getting further is exactly why it would appeal.

exactly my point. I think it would be too close to this event to talk about changing it now, but even one off 'scrub events', where there are no seeds, random draw and game on....

ayjayirl wrote: »
    I do think that, similar to the FA cup, an unseeded tourney at some stage would be fun to see how it pans out. Lets face it, no one expect Korea or Japan to do as well as they did in the last world cup as an example. It added to the tourney.

The FA Cup is seeded a different way.

Certain teams from higher divisions just get byes until the second or third round.

• Advertisement

The FA Cup is seeded a different way.

Certain teams from higher divisions just get byes until the second or third round.

quite true..... league cup..... I think you know what I mean't. :D

Advertisement