Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have an ISo file which i need to extract and burn to DVD

• 12-11-2009 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭

I have an ISo file which i need to extract and burn to DVD, can anyone recomend a program, please to do this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Myggel

Download Alcohol, it'll do the job. Trial version is easy to find, just google alcohol and iso.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,532 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

CDBurnerXP is free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭James G

I use ImgBurn. Lightweight, doesn't come bundled with useless stuff and easy to use. It's also free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭ve

+1 for imgBurn, great app.

For the record an ISO is a type image file of a CD/DVD, although it does contain files, that's not all it contains and it's best not thought of as an archive like a zip or rar file. When burning the contents of an image to a disc you simply tell your burning software to burn an image. Note: this is not the same as burning a file, which is a disc image (that in most cases would be silly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

+ 1 on imgburn it's free to use and all you should have to do is install it double click the iso and pick burn.

You can theoretically extract the iso using winrar or some such software but it's most likely at best unnecessary and at worst (if it's a boot disk) stop it from working.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Yeh just extract the files to your hard-disk and then 'burn' to the CD. I use WinImage for extracting/creating ISOs

Advertisement