Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

silage prices?

• 12-11-2009 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

what is it making 4 by 4 . if your fodder is scarce its better to buy now rather than pay a premium in january/february

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

alleyb wrote: »
    what is it making 4 by 4 . if your fodder is scarce its better to buy now rather than pay a premium in january/february

Buy meal. It's cheaper, handier and better all round. Never know what kind of ****e is in a bale till you open it, especially silage bales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

20 euro per bale collected i would imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

yes as said your better off to buy meal.
    a lot of these bales are full of water and very poor feed value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

meal is the way, bales are full of water, you don't know what you are getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alleyb

i would agree with all above but i'd have to say there are people who produce excellent silage for sale to an excellent standard as an enterprise and have to do so year in year out , they know that to sell they need to sell what the farmer will want to buy again and againie good quality grass silage

• Advertisement
Advertisement