Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Options
  • 12-11-2009 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

My horse has pneumonia, the vet has already seen her and given her an injection, but she's at the bottom of the field and I need to put her in the stable but she won't MOVE. She has a rug on but I don't want to leave her outside tonight!!!!!!! I've tried everything I can think of bar driving the JCB up behing her ( I don't want to do that it would be cruel) but she won't walk forward. Any suggestions PLEASE, she's pretty bad and I love her to bits.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Contact your vet and see what advice they give. A lot of practices should have an on call vet outside office hours.

Afterthought - is it possible to get a jeep and trailer into the field and maybe load her into it and drive her back to the stable. She may literally not have the energy to move. You know how bad you feel when you get the flu, let alone pneumonia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Wicked

you should definitely bring a trailer and jeep down and load her into it.

also follow your vets advice, have you her rugged up, is she kept warm, is she hydrated. I'm sure your vet told you how to care for her and what to do, hopefully if he/she administered anything it will be giving your horse a bit of energy so you can load her and bring her in.

definitely don't try and shoo her with a jcb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Kate was she ok after? Hope so. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭KateC92

Penny didn't make it through the night.

R.I.P. My Baby I'll never forget you, you were my first horse and you will always be the most special. I'll Always Love You!!!xxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

so sorry to hear of your loss, that is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Ah sorry to hear that Kate, its hard losing a furry friend after years. :(

HUGS

Really sorry to hear that, Kate. You must be in bits. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Tanzanite

sorry for your loss :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

ah, sorry to hear it, only horse people know what horses mean to us. * hugs*

• Advertisement
Advertisement